The Borg "our mother"? Good Grief!

by Roberta804 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I have heard it all now, or at least up to now, the Borg never ceases to surprise me. So when Jesus was talking to his deciple from the cross (opps stake), "This is your mother" or something like that, was he talking about the Borg? lol. Can you imagine the JW trying to convince Catholics that the Borg is more important than Mary???? The Borg is the absolute opposite of all that Mary stands for. I know many here choose not to have any religious beliefs, and that is OK, but to me Mary is my heavenly mother. I pray to her all the time, I make rosaries in her honor. It is her atributes that bring me comfort. I can not, for the life of me, understand where the Borg got the very nerve to refer themselves as "Mother". It is sickening.

• sir82
    sir82

Actually the "mother" thing comes from a scripture somewhere in Hebrews I think, that says "Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother". I don't believe I've ever seen the WTS trying to tie Jesus dying words to the organization.

It's not a new concept at all. Fred Franz invented it in the 1950's, and it has gone through cycles of popularity / less popularity over the decades.

Currently it is surging again.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Even when I was still in I hated hearing people call the WTS Organization "Mother". It was usually from JW's who thought they were more theocratic than others. I thought it sounded cultish, long before I realized the JW's were a cult.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Actually the basis for this ludicrious reasoning is the scripture in proverbs 4:1 where it says to not forsake the law of your mother as a basis for this. Clearly, this was simple cousel on how to have good family life but they made the quantum leap to apply it to themselves. GB says they are the FDS, how do we know? Because the GB says so. GB says they are Mother? How do we know, because the DC said so which was written by the GB. The sad part is so many just gulp down the insanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0zXVFHeeSk

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think it originally came from a misinterpretation of Galatians 4:26 where the Jerusalem Above becomes “Jehovah’s wife-like Organization”, and the earthly part of it represents the heavenly part.

If we look at the context, such as verse 24, we can see that the Jerusalem Above is the New Covenant--not an organization.

Of course, in the District Assembly, they didn’t even bring up this passage.

• Gayle
    Gayle

That didn't feel comfortable to me ever,,we were never to call any man "Father" (other than bio father/dad). how would it make sense to call any small group of men "mother" either. Crazy/weird.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe on Mother's Day, we can buy a set of 8 muumuus and present them to the GB.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Inference was made at the DC this summer -- I never really got the answer to the question, but there is a search you can do on this board - type in Who is the mother? and Blondie has laid out some of the quotes used by the WTBTS before - goes back to Fred Franz time then seemed to disappear, now it is re-appearing and still does not make sense to me - Jesus has his wife of 144,000 but this "mother" is spoken of as Jehovahs.... so there has to be a difference although the society is making the mother the 144,000 and we are to be loyal to "her"...

TL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If this religion is my mother, I need a new set of parents. I would rather have Satan as my Father, and Astaroth as my Mother, any day rather than joke-hova as a father and the jokehovian witless/washtowel slaveholdery as my mother. I can only hope I was successful in permanently disinheriting joke-hova and the washtowel as my parents.

At least Satan and Astaroth don't endlessly demand more than what I can deliver, come at me with endless stupid rules, and try to cut off anything good from my life the way joke-hova did (and still does, even though I have formally disinherited this scumbag) and the washtowel did.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Ray Franz's book "ISOCF" speaks of the CO who said "What Mother Wants, Mother Gets!". How dare they defile Jehovah God's beautiful name and say they are his or his Son Jesus Christ's Spiritual Bride. Blasphey against the Holy Spirit is what that is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit