Hello??

by franticfran 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hi Fran, welcome! It's never too late to change your life, this board is great because everyone has been through similar experiences, it's a good place to vent! I'm glad your kids are out........you've got so much to enjoy now, not looking over your shoulder, not being judged all the time, free time for fun stuff!!!

the more you learn about the truth, the less hold it has over you...

I hope you get out & enjoy the world a bit....there's a lot on out here! Welcome again!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

franticfran - . . . The children stopped coming and finally we gave up ourselves and so for the last year we have sat here not talking about what we were all thinking about,but I hope thats coming to an end.

Welcome franticfran, You and your husband have done nothing wrong. Other posters have given good advice, especially about reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"). I would also recommend visiting Steve Hassan's website and watching videos of Steve Hassan like the following video. If you are financially secure, I would recommend contacting Steve Hassan to locate a cult exit counselor who lives near you to help you and your husband heal and possibly to help awaken your children.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-oF-Z_I7U

Enjoy the rest of your life, because you are a Dangerous Cult Survivor. Post often on JWN to help you release your emotions so that you can get through the stages of grief that will occur because of your loss in belief in the leaders of the Watchtower. Go out and meet non-JWs who you may share common interests. If your children are shunning/marking you, send them lots of emails with pictures of you and your husband having wonderful times with your new non-JW friends doing new and fun activities. Also, if you do not go through exit cult counseling, please read the thread We're both out 2 years now- crossroads by LittleMac to understand how important it will be for you and your husband to improve your communications with each other as well as to understand how your personalities may change so that you can grow together instead of apart.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• RosePetal
  • tec
    tec

Just wanted to say hello back :)

Peace and welcome,

tammy

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hi Fran, a very warm welcome to you :)

There is no hidden agenda here......just people with stories to tell, of hope, despair, grief, love, and for most.....survival. Great to have you with us xxxx

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! I'm new too. I second the suggestion on the book Crisis of conscience. It's on scribd for free.

be at peace and I wish you guys the best.

• clarity
    clarity

Fran & Hubby welcome to this place ..... glad you've joined us.

>

Lately, 'escapees' are coming here in pairs ... it's so great!

>

I left for good 3 yrs ago,....... after 50 years in, still a bit mad at

myself for being so blinded! Cults are so dangerous ...

they should be outlawed!

Best wishes to you and your family

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

RosePetal ...just wanted to say I love those pink flowers!

clarity

• finally awake
    finally awake

Welcome! you might want to try the search box and look for members who live near you. There are people on here from all over the world.

• free and happy
    free and happy

Hello Fran

My husband and I have just joinned too, it must be a week for newbies!

We have had such wonderful support here, I know it can be daunting to start again but you are never to old and there are people out in the world( which isn't such a bad place) who will be your friend with out judging you or make you feel bad for having an opinion.

You don't have to have a big reason for leaving, just waking up is big enough to all their lies and man made rules.

If you want to know why we left, look at the thred Hubby and wife say hi and believe me you'll be so much happier, our family is.

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit