by franticfran 62 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome, franticfran!

It is never too late to be what you might have been . - George Eliot

• Ding
    Ding

You are among friends here.

Freedom to say what you really think and feel is wonderful.

That said, people are working through a lot of emotions here, so cut them a lot of slack.

It's hard sometimes going from the certainty of thinking you are "in the truth" only to discover that things weren't as they were portrayed. No more "faithful and discreet slave" to tell you what to think and how to behave.

Many are experiencing regret at wasted years, anger over they way they were treated by the WT, anger at God, questioning whether God exists at all or what He is really like if He is there...

Feel free to express what's going on inside.

Many here have gone through or are going through similar thoughts and emotions.

In addition to posting, I recommend finding someone on the board whose comments are helpful to you and PMing them.

Private messages allow you to have a sustained conversation without the frustration of watching threads go off in all different directions.

To send a PM, click on the name of a poster you want to PM, and you will be taking to a screen where you can send them a private message.

You access your PMs by clicking on the little envelope in the upper right corner. If you get an error message, click on it again. From there, you will be able to reply to anyone who has sent you a private message.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Welcome!

NR

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello and Welcome

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Fran,

You are not alone! We have felt so much of what you are feeling! There is a great number that had the courage to stand up for what was right and leave the WT organization behind.

Something that may help you is to hear from others that left. Why did they leave? What did they find afterwards? How are they not alone now? There are hundreds of testimonies that you can listen to, and the faith of those that had the courage to leave is awesome! Take a look here, and let us know what you think!

http://www.towertotruth.net/audio.htm

http://mmoutreach.org/audio_jw.htm

http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm

This site also has some great experiences and resources for you. http://4jehovah.org/ex-jehovah-s-witness-stories/

PLEASE, don't feel alone. We've all been through it. We are not a group of angry, bitter people here. Some are still very hurt and sensitive, but we are here for you. You can talk, disagree with us, express yourself, and all of this without fear of being disfellowshiped! Isn't it great! And we'll all still love you anyway. I am a Christian, but some of my favorite people here are atheists. And I think some of them even like me too! It's great to be free of judgement and able to love people no matter what conclusions they've come to.

Anyway, WELCOME!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am so glad you have your children around you. Does the house seem empty in the evenings without the study?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I just went back and read your very first post on Flippers thread about 'When was your last meeting " , I had to laugh because you said you felt as if someone was still looking over your shoulder while posting on here . I remember feeling that very same way too ! It takes awhile to readjust .

I also appreciated your comment about how you felt the 'Control' in the Society seems to be increasing . In our case we had been always been faithful ,quite followers in the congregation ,but as soon as an issue arose that we had to take a stand on...watch out ....it felt like the Elders starting putting screws down on us ,and our kids, even for very minor things . It was if they had to prove to us who was in charge ....and well that backfired big time on them .

There has been such an increase in new ones posting here the past few months ....is it mainly the change in doctrine beliefs or is it the increase of control over the members that is waking people up ?

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Hello franticfran,

I am glad you found this discussion board. You will find a lot of help and support here.

My husband and I left the organization in our mid fifties. He was a born-in and I converted in my teens. He was the PO when he and I began learning "the truth about the truth". We have 2 married boys who also are in the process of leaving. Like you we were baptized in the 70's, my husband in 1970 and I in 1973. We gave our lives to that ungrateful publishing company. But O the feeling of freedom of mind! As others have said it is not too late to start over. Have you read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz?

If you have been visiting here for any length of time you probably know of jwfacts.com, freeminds.org, and the books by Steve Hassan.

Please share more of your story. We all love to read a good escape story.

Best wishes to you and your three lovely children.

Reopened Mind

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Welcome, you are accepted here in a way you do not expect. If you leave a KH for a short while you are looked at as if a suspect even if KH of childhood. Yes we are afraid someone is spying on us its our training inside the borg. I watch JW stakeouts from the age of 15 years (50 years ago. We all take time to put behind us Enjoy your freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit