not ready to go over to the "dark side"

by nowwhat? 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Well if that's honestly what you believe, then the WT is where you belong. Even if one is silly enough to believe the bible is what they say it is, most of those JW specific beliefs you listed are non-biblical.

Its ok though, it takes a while to learn how to take off the WT glasses and just read the words for what they are.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

thank you for all the imput. First of all i shouldnt have targeted gays alone i had 1cor 6:9 in mind. lots of different thoughts, that's for sure!

one thing i've learned is the reasoning we would use to prove other religions are wrong can just as easily be used against us. Here's the bottom line, i always used to bitch about not having enough time to enjoy life, well i'm not going to worry about it anymore and let the chips fall where they may. GOLF AND FISHING!

• Emery
    Emery

"there is no Hell or enternal torment

Jesus is God's only begotten son-not part of a trinity

one day God's kingdom will come upon the earth. when and to what extent remains to be seen.

Jehovah and Jesus expect his followers to live by righteous standards according to their best imperfect abilitites, [sorry gay guys]

so for those of you that are sincere where else is there to go? that's why most of us stay in the borg that's right i said borg.

as someone with a bible trained concience you wind up being caught in the middle. how many feel this way?

It sounds like you have plenty of other options with these core beliefs."

I have some suggestions for ya.

Become a Christadelphian: They have the most identical beliefs and core beliefs relating to JWs. However, they do not believe Satan is a being, they believe the term "Satan" when used in the bible is in reference to specific political systems, individuals in opposition or conflict.

Become a Jew: Where to go you say? A synagogue of course! Talk about great times on the sabbath! Converting to Judaism is not a great leap, they too also believe in God's Kindgom being established on the earth. They don't just follow the principals of the mosaic law, they still abide by it. You will find it nice as they really harp on righteousness, so expect a change in your diet. What's cool is that you can still accept blood transfusions even as a Jew following the law! Im not kidding, they obviously had this truth first and know all the in's and out's of this scripture. They have known for a LONG time that the law respecting blood was in reference to both a hunting ritual and a dietary regulation. They reject pagan holidays, gays, the trinity, and the belief in Hell [depends on the orthodox/unothodox view]. Go listen to Rabbi Tovia Singer, he has tons of content about how the idea of the trinity never existed in Judaic history. Unfortunately, you will have to choose YHWH in your theology, you see Jesus is considered a fake and one of many crazy messiah wannabes. Judaism completely rejects the Greek New Testament and they provide pretty good reasons for it. For Jews, Jesus couldn't have been the messiah because he didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies as told through oral tradition centuries prior to Jesus' existence. The understading of the messiah was written and heavily studied from Talmudic and ancient rabbinical commentaries. Jews never expected the messiah to rule invisibly from the heavens, but physically on the earth. You will now place your hopes and salvation in a future and earth ruling bad ass in this current political system.

I don't mean to be too snarky here but im trying to show you that many of the beliefs you hold as "Truth" are held by many other religions, cults, sects, and organizations. These beliefs that are within the framework of the Watchtower have already existed for hundreds-- if not-- thousands of years before Charles Taze Russell.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Nowwhat?: Have fun!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi nowwhat?, Which side is the dark-side? The WTBTS's side or the non-WTBTS side? I remember an elder trying to teach me Bible truths as a bible study. What he was really trying to do was to indoctrinate me so that I would obediently say yes to whatever he said. So, I repeat, which is the Dark-Side?

Have you read any of Steve Hassan's books ("Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visited his website, or watched videos about him, like the following video? After reading Steve Hassan's books you might start to realize that as a JW you are on the "Dark-Side" so why not come into the "Light"?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-oF-Z_I7U

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have received some great answers already. I won't argue about your beliefs but add that I have genuine connections with people in my life that don't agree with me on many beliefs.

Nothing wrong with going to a church if you want to. Nothing wrong with practising your beliefs without a church. It's all up to you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"GOLF AND FISHING!"

That's a better way to get close to god than by sitting in any Kinddumb Haul!

• AGuest
    AGuest

I have to second dear Loz's comment, dear Nowwhat? (peace to you!): there is no other PLACE to go away to; there is only a WHOM (John 6:68). These verses might help you see what we mean:

John 5:39,40

Matthew 11:28-30

John 7:37-39

John 4:14

John 6:48-58 (notice the words "anyone", "live forever", and "in union")

Isaiah 55:1

Revelation 22:17

Revelation 3:17, 18, 20

Peace to you and your household... and may JAH bless!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and a doulos (Revelation 19:10; 22:9) of Christ,

SA

SA

• smiddy
    smiddy

One of the many traits of cults is repetittion,repetittion,repetittion, jehovah`s witnesses and their 5? weekly meetings are so designed to inculcate in you a program of beleif that you will not easily disengage , but not only the meetings,they want to absorb you in the field ministry as much as they can ,then use whatever free time you have to engage in studying watchtower publications , it is all for reinforcing in you watchtower propaganda .Why else do they discourage reading other religous bible based literature,from libraries etc.Why else do they discourage a higher education whereby you might just start thinking with the brain that God has given you .The worst thing a jehovah`s witness can do is engage in conversation with a former jehovah`s witness ! Why do you think that is .Could it be that the former JW can easily refute the beleifs/doctrines expose their inconsistincies,flip flops false predictions,changing blood policy,never predicting anything right in their 130 history of the witnesses? The fact is JW`s cannot handle the truth .

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good luck on your journey Nowhat, please keep in touch.

You have taken the first step on the road to freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit