''Spiritual high(TM)'' after an a$$emb£y anyone?

by punkofnice 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

George, I don't think she would have been allowed into the convention. She's not wearing a badge.

Some years ago we were at Southampton District Convention and a guy walked in wearing only a pair of trunks. No one had stopped him and he certainly was not wearing a badge! I nudged my wife and said "this guy's trouble". Sure enough within a few seconds he ran on to the pitch, dropped his trunks and gave the attendants a good run around before they caught him.

It was the highlight of the convention for many a bored sister I'm sure!

George

I was at the same convention George. Great fun. Were you at Southampton when the sister said "shit" by accident from the platform. It was manna for us teenagers at the time!

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

One thing that made me laugh at arsemblies was the "security men"! young lads with stupid earpieces in, walking around really slowely thinking they were secret agents or fbi. Jerks..

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I was at the same convention George. Great fun. Were you at Southampton when the sister said "shit" by accident from the platform. It was manna for us teenagers at the time!

No, I had not even heard of that one. Hilarious!

I have not always lived in the Sunny South so our DC's were usually London or Scotland (combined with holiday) and CA's were at Dudley.

George

• dog is god
    dog is god

I remember the ASS embly in Pasadena CA. 8 days. The PA systems bouncing off each other. You would sit and sit and sit. I fainted dead away from heat exposure. My mom was freaked. Did she get it to not sit me in the sun the next few days. The big deal was always the release of a new book. Then you get home and read it and it's the same old shit. Sprinkled with implications the the "end was so near". It was such a waste of time and terrible exposure to mind control....tired, no movement, no thought, just fodder from the suits on the stage. Very bad.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ahh the streaker at Southampton - memories, memories!

Don't forget the bomb scare evacuation.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Yeah, I remember those days. Going home and feeling both energized to do more, and utterly overwhelmed at just how hopeless it all was. Eventually, the sexual tension would build up, and that was the end of that. Self-abuse, guilt, shame, repeat.

Just being exposed to the outside world made it all quite impossible to hold onto. For me, it was like squeezing a spring too tightly, to use that old 'Your Youth' book illustration. Being surrounded by nothing but JW stuff was...you had all this pressure to live up to it.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Ahh the streaker at Southampton - memories, memories!

LOL, that would totally be on YouTube these days...

--sd-7

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I went to 'Evensong' at a Cathedral as a non religious observer. I felt high afterwards.......the same way I felt high after seeing Dr Feelgood for the first time.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have gotten strong spiritual highs from doing qi gong to sunsets over water. The tourquise colored light felt like love pouring out of the sun. The water reflects and amplifies the colored light. So, you get a double whammy of the reflected and direct sunlight. Like jim morrison says, colored light can hypnotize. And, its all natural and nonreligious. Atheist, too, if you see the sun as nongod. I see the sun as, possibly, a symbol of the source.

S

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Satanus - Sounds idyllic.

Mind you, where I live is a landfill site and seagulls plopping on everything in site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit