''Spiritual high(TM)'' after an a$$emb£y anyone?

by punkofnice 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SophieG
    SophieG

I dunno Punk, are you sure you were not just HIGH on cult over-indoctrination over a period of days? LOL!!!

Now I am looking back introspect…I was always EXHAUSTED by Sunday and I always had to take Monday off after a 3 day. I would work the Monday-Thursday…get up early Friday-Sunday. The desire not to go back to work was probably because I WAS TIRED and did not want to be around ANYONE, definitely not because of any spiritual high what-so-ever.

I was sad it as over because...because of seeing all my friends...but happy because I wanted to sleep!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SophieG - You make good points. I perhaps had withdrawal symptoms from ogling all the sisters with afros!

• SophieG
    SophieG

LOL!

Days of acute visual and auditory over-stimulation! Mental and emotional numbing...you were going INSANE and just did not know it!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SophieG - As a born in it was about the only excitement I got.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Fellowship with like minded folks, creatates "a bond", musical concerts are great for that. Conversely, a crack head hanging out with a religious/ spiritual hubby is a receipt for disaster.

God's Kindom in Christ is a bonding in Holy Spirit, as in contrast to the spirit of the world, ! ?

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

Funny, I was just talking to my husband about assemblies today (he was never a JW). My mom use to get on a 'high' for a couple weeks after and drive me crazy with things like 'Jehovah doesn't like that', or 'that music sounds demonized'. I always couldn't wait for the high to be over.

Had fun at the district conventions when I was a teen-ager, always would hang out with friends and go swimming at the hotel. When I was younger I use to get so excited when they would turn the lights off for the drama, but then they stopped doing that. I use to always crack up at my dad who would fall asleep during the first talk in the morning, lol. Thought it was so cool walking the corridors with my new dress on and talking to friends. Ahh yes, lots of little memories like that.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Top o' th' mornin' to ya, punk.

George, I don't think she would have been allowed into the convention. She's not wearing a badge.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Pterist - Yes. The social acceptance of the 'herd' thing is very powerful.

St George - If only I'd have been able to find out! Corrrrrr. Just how I like my women!!!!!!!

Innerpeace -

My mom use to get on a 'high' for a couple weeks after and drive me crazy with things like 'Jehovah doesn't like that', or 'that music sounds demonized'.

Proof positive it's a brainwash-fest!

AnnOMaly - Her irish eyes are smiling enough for me. I'm all a dither! Phew!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    George, I don't think she would have been allowed into the convention. She's not wearing a badge.

Some years ago we were at Southampton District Convention and a guy walked in wearing only a pair of trunks. No one had stopped him and he certainly was not wearing a badge! I nudged my wife and said "this guy's trouble". Sure enough within a few seconds he ran on to the pitch, dropped his trunks and gave the attendants a good run around before they caught him.

It was the highlight of the convention for many a bored sister I'm sure!

George

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

There was a series of seven assemblies leading up to 1975 that were likened to the seven bowls of judgement being poured out on Babylon the Great & when those bowls had been poured out just wait to see what the almighty was going to do..............YIPPPEEEEEE

We were so expectant driving home on the last days of those assemblies, exhausted but exhilarated.

We could almost taste Armageddon right in front of us, it had always been around the corner but not anymore we would soon be in the New World.

There were going to be such opportunities for us young men in the New World. Jehovah was going to open new scrolls & was going to bestow on us blessings beyond our expectations.

So I waited........................................................................................let my life slip by really, waiting for something better.

Big A went WAAAAAY back around the corner & I retire in a year or two.

I'm happy away from the Borg, but there is sadness that I listened to its leaders for all those years.......................they were just men basking in the glory of their supposed special relationship with God, they so-called had the truth.

Obviously they didn't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit