If you had a JC and spilled your "Personal Beans" did you really think it stayed confidential?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

openmind - On the whole, the elders I served with over the more than 10 years I was one, maintained confidentiality. With a couple very shocking, irritating exceptions.

Yes. This was my experience. Whereas I kept my mouth shut, it was surprising which elder's wife had the 'goss'. Truly disgusting.

To think we shared our concerns with these twats.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Even though I know there is no such thing as confidentality in the KH it should be. As a social worker I can lose my license to practice with just one breach. Also if I am made aware of abuse of any kind or of possible suicidal behavior, even second hand, in Michigan, I most certainly will lose my license if I do not report it within a 24 hour period. The same is true with teachers, doctors and many other professions. Now even though an elder does not have a license to lose, he is still liable and can be sued for failing to maintain confidentality and for failure to warn/protect.

My BIL became an elder 5 years after my husband and I DA ourselves. Our eldest son was 12 when the new flegling elder BIL started to voice to our son that I was a wicked mother and told my son some things in my past I am not too proud of. After I threaten to sue the KH and the WBTS he was quickly removed as an elder which established guilt and then I did take them to court, but settled out of court for an amount I can not disclose.

So do not think you are at the mercy of the elders, or that you have no legal recourse. As the judge stated in my case, anyone who accepts a position of responsibility, paid or not, is expected to understand the consequences if they fail to meet these very basic values.

• happy@last
    happy@last

openmind - On the whole, the elders I served with over the more than 10 years I was one, maintained confidentiality. With a couple very shocking, irritating exceptions.

punkofnice - Yes. This was my experience. Whereas I kept my mouth shut, it was surprising which elder's wife had the 'goss'. Truly disgusting

Ditto - exactly the same here too

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

happy@last - I always knew which sisters would have the gossip. There was one who knew everything about everyone. Never anything nice....just gutter stuff. She revelled in it. There was even a sister that used to prepare her elder husband's talks too. Some JW elder's spouses love their dirt on people. Humph...so 'worldly'(TM)

• hoser
    hoser

I attended a jc that the offence was not known to anyone but the three elders involved, myself and one other person who confessed to the elders. Within a week my employer, who is not a jw, knew all about what went on at the jc.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Not only no...but HELL NO!

• cofty
    cofty

I always kept confidentialities and still do. Just because I am no longer a JW is no reason to talk about things people told me on trust.

There was an elder in my old congregation who told his wife everything and that was quickly spread around the extended family and friends.

He was wealthy and very well connected with HQ. After a long and bitter battle with his buddies as bethel we eventually removed him as an elder but it split the congregation badly.

Never trust a JC, at least one of them will talk.

• jam
    jam

Hell no. After my ex told the elders about our hanky panky (we were divorce

but trying to reconcile) but she realized that I wasn't coming back into the borg

her conscience got the best of her. Funny we were married for 20 years and four

kids, divorce over a year. She told the elders and shortly afterward she started receiving phone

calls from brothers in the KH. One of the elders married her after hearing about the

hanky pankness. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit