Interesting moment on subway today & other thoughts

by sd-7 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

SD-7

It does take time to adjust and I would say 3 years is still early in the transition, especially if your wife is still in the cult and is still brainwashed with recharge from assembly.

Please seek Life dont wait for it to come to you...make a life for yourself doing the things you now have the freedom to explore..hobbies, reading, writing, start a journal, get out of your home even if you dont feel like it, join a gym or group that is doing something for the world...You have only begun to live the real life...YOU CAN DO IT...the rewards will come. :-)

Peace and Love to you

Sherilynn

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

I don't usually use this term as I'm not american - but I think you're pretty awesome.

Probably doesn't mean much as you have no clue who I am, but it's still the truth

May whatever you believe and trust in keep you strong x

• Splash
    Splash

Hey SD-7,

When you were in, all of your time was pre-allocated and you had a busy life doing things for everyone else.

Meetings, prep, study, talks, F.Service etc. Now you have a void to fill.

There are millions of people who know how to kick back and relax, or who do some boating/hobbies/walking/sight seeing etc.

Are there places you've always wanted to go? I don't mean on holiday, I mean quite local to you.

Do you ever see something and think "I wish I could give that a try?" Then try it.

Keep alert for things you'd like to learn more about, do, or go to see.

There really is life after, but it doesn't always come easy to start with.

Splash

(PS I enjoy your posts !)

• awakening
    awakening

Hi SD-7 I bet the jws on the train are pioneers counting time! One gets on while one has coffee break then switchover.I know of pios who went to the cinema and left tracts on the seats and counted their time. Sounds like you could do with some friends "outside". Lots of great advice here on how to do that.

• pixel
    pixel

Thanks for posting this SD-7.

I always look at the Witnesess on the train rushing to underline and "study" the lesson form the WT/GB/FDS. It's sad. It's like the have some kind of pression to read the stupid material. They don't look Christian at all, just belonging to a crazy cult.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I can understand your pain, brother. Your spouse is supposed to be your best friend, but it would appear that her imaginery friend and a publishing company are more important to her. Her psychological warfare, invented and approved by the Watch Tower Society, is supposed to win you with out a word. However, it is just causing a casm and is the source of your depression.

I assume you still love your wife, and I can completely understand that. I think that a little psych-op of your own is called for. Remember; Jehovah's Witnesses advocate that the only way a person can achieve happiness is to slave for their organization. Prove them wrong!

Nature abhors a vacuum. When you left the religion you created a void. I like the suggestion about volunteering your time. Pick a good and humane cause to get involved in. Go volunteer at your local soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Then share all the stories of how you helped your fellow man and how it brought you happiness with your wife. Magazines that speak of a magical place and time in the future when there will be no hunger do not make the hunger pains of today go away. The fact of the matter is that Jehovah's Witnesses are heartless bastards who use the "kingdom" as an excuse to ease their guilt. Even Jesus fed the hungry (e.g. loaves and fishes).

The bottom line is you have to be happy. Then show your wife that happiness exists outside of that doomsday cult.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For a smile, the No Pants subway ride:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL04BB57CAC423416E

I've seen the extra effort with my hubby, too, around the date of the assembly. This too shall pass.

• Londo111
    Londo111

SD-7,

The last time I was in your area, two other former JWs and I were on the metro. This lady got on, held the pole with one hand, and held the daily text with the other. She proceeded to stand there and stare at same text for 10 to 15 minutes. That was bizarre.

In the meantime, I chatted with the two former JW ladies who with me about Scientology, their policy of disconnection, how they are scared of the internet and how that is the hallmark of a cult. I was standing right next to this woman…so I hope here ears heard every word.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

sd-7, Always love your posts, man, satire or otherwise!

Londo: good move! I used to have some Iranian roommates. They had a saying, "I was talking to the chair because I wanted the table to hear!"

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

SD- I have a different phone number, I will PM it to you. There is a meet up right where you work @ the end of Feb, why not try to make it. I will try but it will depend alot on how the rehab goes with my hip. I had it replaced Dec 26. Check for a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit