Making Soccer (Football) More Entertaining to Watch

by RubaDub 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• cantleave
    cantleave

I don't see why any game should end 0-0. Let them play until someone scores.

It would screw up the pools..................

• cedars
    cedars

They shouldn't change a thing about soccer. It is without question the most widely enjoyed sport on the planet as it is. That should tell you something.

If any changes are due these should be merely to enforce the existing rules more effectively, i.e. goal line technology and referee consultation with TV camera monitors. Some of this is already in the process of being implemented.

If you like sports where the scoreline changes every few seconds or there are constant "time-outs," it's probably best to watch a different sport that satisfies these cravings rather than suggest changing an entire well-established sport steeped in history merely to suit the American mindset!

Cedars

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

0-0 is a result, and often a just one, O.K it is the same in theory as 1-1 , but it is a result in legue football.

In knock-out stuff I do not like to see it come down to penalty shoot-outs, but the alternatives that have been suggested would change the nature of the game.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

American Football is stopped, no matter what is happening on the pitch, simply at the command of the TV company, what kind of game is that ?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    It is without question the most widely enjoyed sport on the planet as it is. That should tell you something.

Chlamydia is is the most widely enjoyed STD on the planet (more than doubles Gonorrhea).

That should tell you something.

Rub a Dub

• cedars
    cedars

RubaDub

Chlamydia is is the most widely enjoyed STD on the planet (more than doubles Gonorrhea).

Wow, a neat analogy and compelling logic!

Cedars

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

cedars ...

I knew you would like that one.

Rub a Dub

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Wholesale changes to make all games high scoring at the expense of tactics, team play and the shrewed use of substitutes???

Well, my team might beat yours by 25 goals to 20, but who the hell would pay to see it?

If you want that, stick with basketball or ice hockey

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    American Football is stopped, no matter what is happening on the pitch, simply at the command of the TV company, what kind of game is that ?

You are technically correct but that would be an extremely unlikely situation.

The league and TV broadcasters have agreed to 10 commerical breaks per half. But they do NOT occur when a team possesses the ball, except when there is an injury, a replay consultation or a time-out. Play is NOT stopped just to show a commercial.

Commercials appear after a team scores, at the two-minute warning, at the end of a quarter, after a punt, after a kickoff, after a fumble/interception or when the ball changes sides. Is play delayed, certainly yes. When those events occur, a stoppage of 1-2 minutes will happen.

That is why near the end of the game, once all the required commercials have been shown, that they stay on the game even if a timeout or other stoppage of play has been called.

Rub a Dub

• cofty
    cofty
    The league and TV broadcasters have agreed to 10 commerical breaks per half

Football has no commercial breaks during each 45 minute half.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit