So, What's Scary Anymore?

by AGuest 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Used to be werewolves and vampires. Thinkin' "Twilight" did that in - just saw a commercial for a cartoon where the star is a teenage vampire. Even the zombies are becoming friendly (seen a trailer about a zombie who falls in love and so reverts to "living" again). Okay. Whatever. We don't want to scare the kiddies anymore. Well, unless we're doing it with serial killers and such.

So, what is it now? Are we limited to serial killers, poltergeists, "haunted" houses, and aliens (although, the latter can be both friend or foe)? I don't have kids/young people in my house, so I really have no idea. What are the kids watching for a "thrill", now?

Peace!

SA, just curious... on her own...

• tec
    tec

IT, is still scary. (but IT might have turned my oldest off from wanting to be scared for a thrill)

Internet stuff though, I guess. There is something called slenderman, that is apparently terrifying. I haven't checked it out personally, but my sister affirms the terrifyingness of him. (someone dressed up as him at comic-con and went creeping around after people, and he was pretty creepy)

My little one stops if something is too scary (and anything even remotely scary is too scary for him) My oldest likes all those campy horror fliks that I cannot stand... the Nightmare on elm streets; the friday 13th's... but they don't scare him. The massacre stuff. He also loves his anime, and that is not about scary either, though there are some otherworldly creatures in them that look pretty scary to me.

Aliens aren't scary. Monsters aren't scary. (Zombies are awesome, Shelby ).

Peace,

tammy

• Pickler
    Pickler

Like Tec said, slenderman is really scary, you can play some game on line it's really creepy.

All the "paranormal activity" movies are really scary, particularly the first 2!

"The Ring" Japanese & American versions are scary classics.

• irondork
    irondork

I'm a cult survivor. I ain't scared of NUTH'N !!!

• label licker
    label licker

Just the watchtower and their pedophiles

• sacolton
    sacolton

Zombies.

BIG spiders. (Really big!)

Homicidal maniacs.

Politicians.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

David Cameron tops the list of scary politicians. He is out of control and on a major power trip.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

BIG spiders. (Really big!)

Darn right there my friend, had one the size of my hand leap out at me a couple of years ago, i'm sure i soiled my pants

Politicians

Yeah all these australian pollies scare the sh.. out of me

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't really get scared of things I can kill, so...

I'd guess the whole demon possesion thing.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The first time I saw " Night of the Living Dead "

That was the scariest movie of all time to me

even today. It's still scares me . Classic

Anything considered scarey before then , will make you

laugh by todays standards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit