Conversation with my JW co-worker!

by Kool Jo 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Hello all...nothing much to update on, but in the absence of my JW co-worker, some of the other folks and I were on some down-time at work. One of my co-workers was on Facebook and browsing the FB page of the JW co-worker. There were lots of pics of her at conventions, Khall ect...the conversation went like this:

Kool Jo: Hey guys, how is everyone?

Non JW Coworker 1: Doing great, I had a restful weekend!

Non JW Coworker 2: All is well here, just checking out Facebook. Are you on Facebook Kool Jo?

Kool Jo: No, just email, skype or my phone.

Non JW Coworker 2: Anyways, this is "JW Coworker" who is the clerk.

Kool Jo: Oh ok cool.

Non JW Coworker 2: She's in a weird religion.

Non JW Coworker 1: Kool Jo, did you know that in their religion, if someone does something wrong they can't speak to each other? If they are going out they have to use different vehicles?

Kool Jo: Oh really? (Pretending like I never knew anything about it)

Non JW Coworker 1: I couldn't be in that religion!

Non JW Coworker 2: They can't accept blood either if you have a loved one in the hospital.

Kool Jo: That's so sad! Why not ask her why the refusal of blood but it's ok to accept blood fractions?

Non JW Coworker 1: Do you know about her religion Kool Jo?

Kool Jo: I know about various religions. (At this point JW coworker walks in for work, looking all tired after the weekend).

JW Coworker: Hello everyone, how was the weekend?

Kool Jo: It was restful, what about yours?

JW Coworker: Oh it was busy, I had meetings, then afterwards I do what is known as Bible studies, so I was away from home for a few hours...I really love talking to people about the Bible!

Non JW Coworker 2: You sound like you're exhausted!

JW Coworker: Yes, but it's all for a good cause! The upcoming weekend will be a very special one for me. We're having our Zone Overseer Visit and would like to invite all 3 of you on Sunday morning at 10:50AM.

Non JW Coworker 1: I won't be there to be honest with you...I'm quite happy with my church!

Non JW Coworker 2: I do read your literature at times, but I won't attend.

Kool Jo: Oh thanks for the invite, but I won't be there either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point everyone walks away to resume their duties.

So I pulled aside Non JW Coworker 2 (she's close to the JW Coworker) and asked her to question JW Coworker about her beleifs...

Non JW Coworker 2: Are you interested in her religion Kool Jo?

Kool Jo: No, but since you're close to JW Coworker, can you ask her some questions, but don't let her know they're from me!

Non JW Coworker 2: That's fine Kool Jo, what would you like me to ask her?

Kool Jo: Ask her if someone was able to show her that there is something wrong with her faith or religion, if she'd be willing to change or research?

Non JW Coworker 2: What kind of question is that?

Kool Jo: Just ask her and see what she says and inform me later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later in the evening, Non JW Coworker pulled me over and stated she asked her the question:

Kool Jo: So what did you find out?

Non JW coworker: I asked JW Coworker and she says there is no truth other than the JW's, but if someone has a valid point, she'll research it. She says she's an open person!

Kool Jo: Oh that's interesting....anyways thanks for your help, I may need your help in the future again!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys...so this occurred a couple hours ago...

I don't think it may work out how I want to, so I'm going to back down. The Khall she attends and was inviting me to has a very popular COBE...who I knew from childhood...he's popular! So she says she's open...how would you guys handle it? I wish I had another apostate at my job!!!

Peace

Kool Jo

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

I just have to say this is an interesting thread and I'm curious to see where this goes with your co-worker.

I really wish I had any suggestions for you, there is so much you can bring up to her about the JDubs. I think other people will have better suggestions than me.

Good luck with this coworker, I hope you can wake her up!

G

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

So my Non JW Coworker says she'll act as my mouthpeice in questioning the JW Coworker! I haven't indicated to my Non JW Coworker that I was involved with the religion!

So what would be top 10 hitting points you'd use to try and awaken someone who says they're opened for discussion?

Peace

Kool Jo

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Non JW coworker: I asked JW Coworker and she says there is no truth other than the JW's, but if someone has a valid point, she'll research it. She says she's an open person!

I'm not convinced. This might be theocratic warfare strategy............and what constitutes a 'valid point'?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would ask questions around where she is at mentally and emotionally. She's desperately believing in the Watchtower promise that if she does everything right, a wonderful brother will come around and she will have the house with the white picket fence, the whole shebango. Her hopefulness is already fraying at the edges. So I'd work on that. The only concern is that your questioner-by-proxy might start wondering about your own motives if you ask these sorts of questions.

• Do Witnesses go on holidays, or is this field service thing a year-round affair?
    • What are approved ways of getting R & R? Can Witnesses go to the bar and have a drink? Go to movies? Dances? What does she do for fun anyways?
    • There must be plenty of fine, eligible men to choose from at the Kingdom Hall? Can a Witness marry a non-Witness?
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm not really convinced this is serving any beneficial purpose. You can't force someone to "wake up", especially not by duplicitous means. What is the real goal here? To get this lady out of the truth so she's eligible?

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Hey guys:

Would you beleive that one evening after work as I was getting ready to go home, the JW coworker says she's going out for dinner & asked me if I wanted to go out with her?

I was in total shock!!! She went to dinner with a wordly guy!?!?!

After we ate, we spent another hour just talking about life in general...nothing about JWism came up while we were dining...she mentions she's planning to go back to college & I encouraged her to do so!

Oh we'll see what happens!

Peace

Kool Jo

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sounds like she swings between zeal and worldliness. Bad combo for romance, but you know the drill.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Danger, Danger Kool Joe!!

You had a great time at dinner with JW co-worker's authentic persona. Unfortunately, if JW co-worker becomes more romantically attracted to you, her cult persona will rise to protect her beliefs.

How do I know this? Because I was once very attracted to a JW and she was very attracted to me. Unfortunately, she is a "Spiritually Strong" (brain dead) JW. She chose the WTBTS over me, because IMHO she was afraid of losing her relationships to her JW family and friends. She avoids going to places that she loves just so she will not run into me. The WTBTS's SHUN GUN is pointed at the mind of all JWs. I wish that I had read Steve Hassan's books or contacted him before I meet my former friend who is still a "Spiritually Strong" (gag!) JW.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

P.S.- FYI my former friend has gone to a counselor and read psychological self-help books and still does not see the WTBTS as a DANGEROUS CULT. She thinks of ways for her authentic persona to co-exist with her cult persona. She even has a DF'ed child, who she will never shun, but her mother does shun.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Oh we'll see what happens!"

Yep, we sure will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit