Hi! I'm New Here

by alecholmesthedetective 50 Replies latest jw friends

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Hi there, as was suggested to me, I'm starting this thread to say hi to everyone.

My awakening began recently, after the new light on the 'slave'. I felt it didn't add up and went to check and found out TTATT. For a while I tried to find evidence of whether the WT might still be God's organization, I needn't say I couldn't.

I had already resigned as a ministerial servant and a pioneer, had already had several issues with the elders and did not put up with their nonsense for a long. Favouritism, politics, etc.

There are so many things to read and investigate, I'm looking forward to keeping searching and learning and living life free of the shackles I was under, as I was born in the cult and got baptized when I was 12. I really, really believed it, and thought it was the best way to live your life especially since the end was sooooo imminent. I haven't lost my faith in God or the bible, but I feel we must keep testing our beliefs, because if they are true, they will stand the test.

I'm really happy to have found this forum with so many like-minded people. I'm having a very good time here and you're all great.

Alec Holmes

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome alecholmesthedetective and thanks for writing an introduction about yourself. I also wrote a belated hello myself.

I wish you the best in your independent research. Have you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") or visited his website? You can watch Steve Hassan on the following video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-oF-Z_I7U

Best of wishes for you and maintaining your relationships with JW family and friends.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome Holmes! I was also a JW my entire life [49 yrs] and have also been recently enlightened. For my husband & I it was the Reasoning Book under 'Cross' they quoted the Imperial Bible Dictionary and it appeared to be pro-stake, but when i found the IBD on-line and actually looked at the quote it was an OMG! moment for us. If they lied about this, what else have they lied about. You will find JWfacts very helpful. Everything you will learn can be checked out and you will see who really is telling 1/2 truths & lies. Peace on your journey and it will be difficult and at times you will feel like you just can't take anymore truth but hang in there, once you come thru the fire, you will realize tht Jesus is truly calling His sheep and not everyone is hearing His voice.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, keep finding out these things for yourself.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, have fun!

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Welcome Bro. From congo politics, insanity ect, its all negative! but it wakes people up to whats behind it all, so something good comes out of it...FREEDOM

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome, enjoy the ride!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome Alec!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit