Your worst store accident?

by Apognophos 22 Replies latest social humour

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Mine: I was walking around a grocery store with one of those Snapple iced tea boxes dangling from one hand, looking for the other thing I ran in to buy. Suddenly the flimsy cardboard side of the box came unglued, and bottles dumped out, smashing open on the floor. A river of iced tea began to run down the aisle. I stopped, looked at a nearby employee who was looking at me, put down the rest of the box and walked away.

Thankfully I don't shop there regularly. And since the bottles were ejected away from me, I didn't get a drop on me. Felt sorry for the guy on cleanup, though.

P.S.: Always support those boxes underneath with one hand to take weight off the handle!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

When my son was aout 2, I was pushing him in the grocery cart. He reached out and pulled a plastic bottle of maple syrup off the shelf and threw it on the floor. It shattered, leaving a sticky mess al over the floor. I went to get an attendant, and meanwhile a little old man walked down the isle and slid all over the place.

I never went back to that store.

Coffee

• wasblind
    wasblind

I had my daughter by the hand and she went head first into the poll

that stood in the middle of the isle. Went straight to the emergency room

She was three or four at the time

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I have a feeling every mother in the world can top my story.

• glenster
    glenster

When I was little I fell at the bottom of an escalator and it pulled off a
    thumbnail. (It grew back but ow.)

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't feel bad Apognophos ,

I would have felt more embarassed in your situation

A store employee fingered you as the culprit

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Dropped a carton of eggs. Immediately blocked the mess with my shopping cart, went to the service desk, apologized and asked for cleanup, then went back and guarded the mess so other shoppers wouldn't injure themselves until the cleanup guy arrived.

Don't just leave your broken glass and mess. Some kid running down the aisle may injure himself.

Parakeet's lecture on civic responsibility.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I should probably mention that it was early morning and there was no one else around except the employee who saw the accident.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Little bottles of seltzer water [a 4 pack] fell off the top shelf and broke shooting glass shards everywhere, cutting my leg in the process. A trip to the emergency room.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

About fifteen years ago I was at a Walmart wearing some cute sandals, and I was reaching for some item on the shelf and accidentally knocked over a big jar of pickles which oddly enough was on the top shelf (something like that I'd expect on the bottom shelf). It fell and sprayed broken glass and pickle juice all over my sandals. And I didn't want to budge one bit lest I stab myself with a shard of glass in my sandal. So the manager of the store came with someone and they extracted every piece of glass they could find on the shoes and between my toes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit