Tonight on Channel 4 prog about Child Abuse !!!

by Phizzy 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The programme is at 10.30 GMT and is a Channel 4 Dispatches Special about child abuse in a religious community. I think this is concerned with a case within the Jewish religious community here.

I think we all in the U.K, and anyone else who can access it, should watch it , and then perhaps many of us can E-mail the programmes makers and highlight the JW problem.

The Jewish religious community is probably only about twice the size of the U.K JW's, about 266, 000 identified as jewish in a religious sense in the 2001 Census. So, the media interest should be even greater in the more evenly spread JW's , who inhabit every corner of the realm.

Perhaps the programme that they produce, if we can persuade them to do so, could be entitlrd :

"The Paedophile At YOUR Door".

• happy@last
    happy@last

Thanks for the 'heads up', I shall look out for it

• cantleave
    cantleave

I shall watch

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I will be watching too. Thanks

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just a bumpity bump in case someone missed this.

• Splash
    Splash

JUST STARTED ON CHANNEL 4!!!

• happy@last
    happy@last

I'm watching it, similarities to my experience, interesting stuff.

• cofty
    cofty

Damn I missed the start. Will catch it on 4+1 thanks for heads-up.

• Splash
    Splash

So far they have secretly filmed a senior rabbi tell an abuse victim that he must not, under any circumstances, talk to the police.

In his words "we are dealing with it".

Another rabbi who is appalled by this covering up has explained that to go to the police will result in the rest of the community persecuting you.

It's revealing that the rabbis are conducting their own internal investigation into the abuser who incidently is now working in a school.

• Amelia Ashton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit