Why Do People Kill?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know that killing has gone on since the beginning of time.

But I wonder why some people kill?

Are they typically screwy in the head?

Are they just angry at the world or their family member or their boss?

WHY do people kill? (And please don't tell me it's because they have guns).....

• james_woods
    james_woods

It could be that, Minimus - but in some cases, there are people who just plain NEED KILLING.

This is what we call "justifiable homicide" in the south - sumbitch NEEDED killin.

• minimus
    minimus

ummm, i don't know bout that.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

People kill for many reasons, you can't just pick one.

Some kill to survive, some to defend others, some to impose their will on others, some as an act of defiance or hate or emotional distraught, some kill because they think it is right, some kill because they think it is an accetable solution to a problem, etc, etc.

Human have killed more to impose their will on others, and by that to increase their well being and chances of survival, than for any other reason probably.

I think people kill because they think it will make whatever issue they have, better.

Some kill because they simply enjoy how it feels.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Because they want to.

zed

• Tater-T
  • undercover
    undercover

Well, if your name is zed, then death is the easy part. It's the 'getting medievel on your ass' part that should worry you...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Violent video games and the Country Music where someone is always running off with someone's elses wife.

Rub a Dub

• cofty
    cofty

According to Thomas Hobbes - competition, diffidence, and glory.

In other words..

1. Because I want what you've got.

2. Because I fear you are going to attack me because you want what I've got so I better attack you first.

3. Because you disrespected me, and if I look weak you or somebody else might attack me and take what I've got.

• minimus
    minimus

how about just plain mentally impaired?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit