Why Do People Kill?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Thank God for armed guards that can protect us!

• James Brown
    James Brown

The simple answer to why do people kill Is Society does not provide enough of the needs listed in Maslows hiearchy of

needs to enough people.

I had a career as a detention officer in Florida. I've known and dealt with several killers.

1 was a cop killer. He had a home a family, the cop stopped to question him and he shot the cop dead. The killer had a home and family.

He told me he didn't do it. But there was a lot of incriminating evidence.

2 was a man who was jealous of his girl friend and he cut her head off.

3 was a guy who just picked up a gun and shot his friend.

I heard many conversations between inmates saying they will cap his ass, shoot someone, kill someone.

I worked midnights and would stand or sit outside cells and listen to the stories and talk. They didnt know I was there.

Street people, people from the burg, gang bangers, people who wear their pants so low they cant run from the Police.

City people shoot and cut each other just as a matter of routine.

Just in everyday conversation they will say "you do this I'll cut you", "I'm gonna cap your/his ass"

they talk about it and they do it.

Not all of them kill their victims, street/ city people gang bangers most cant shoot a gun straight. They hold the gun side ways when they shoot.

The county jail is full of killers who didnt kill their vicims because they only wounded them because they cant shoot straight.

Sometimes they will shoot you in the leg or knee not to kill, or they will stab you not to kill. And because they cant shoot straight

they end up killing someone.

I will say it is my opinion after a career in law enforcement inside the county jail that Jesus God and religion probably

could reduce some of the killing and criminal behavior. When the preachers come into jail to hold church and meetings

many of the inmates are ignorant of the message. The message, Jesus does change lives.

I know there are killers that know of Jesus and kill, but I think that believing in Jesus as opposed to knowing Jesus

does make a difference.

I think knowing and believing the God of the New Testament, Jesus has the effect of taking the animal out of the man.

I say this not intellectually, I say this reflecting on my career behind bars. And things I have seen.

Intellectually relying on my own thinking and understanding of books and papers I read it would be very easy

for me to be an atheist and conclude there is no God.

From an intellectual point of view as a detention officer we are trained before we hit the floor that peoples doing

wrong can be based on Maslows hiearchy of needs. The more needs an individual has met the less likely he will

committ antisocial behavior.

So to answer your question why do people kill?

Society does not provide enough of Malows needs to enough people for people to be behave.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

If you believe we are created in Gods image, was not god the giver of life and death? So with that in mind are we not the image of our creator in giving life and taking lives? Instinctual maybe? Do we humans not mimic our fathers emotions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit