gets stranger with time

by d 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I feel that way about all religious people. I can no longer wrap my mind around a loving caring god that wants the best for us. For me we've humanised whatever energy created planets/life/univers and tried to reason it out in a way that we feel comfortable with and thus you get God. I'm not on the same page as them.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I thought it was just me.

Some religions move with the times and although deluded at least have a semblance of normailty.

The JWs seem to be suspended in a timewarp from the 1960's.

They a dumbing down the dublications. They are dumbing down the JDubs to make them easier to control. After all the GB are losing their grip yet don't seem able to admit it despite their 'hate crime' in the gammyzines.

This is what comes of believeing that an imaginary psychopath in the sky will murder everyone SOON(TM) if they don't conform to 'new world specifications'(TM)

I only hope something really nasty befalls the GB.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It never was strange how the WTS. sold its literature and attracted attention from the public, when you think of the extraneous

commercialization of this religion as a religious publishing house.

Imposing a high amount of fear was the core ingredient to accomplish its self supporting agenda.

The selling of Armageddon (soon) did wonderful things to control people minds and actions the way they wanted people to be controlled.

Of course now they can and have been apologizing for all the bad misinformation the organization has been propagating for so long.

What harm is to them they have everyones money now and there's still a surmountable of power there for the top dogs (GB members).

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I've gotten to the point where I feel so separated from this thing, it does seem quite strange.

I remember the first meeting after TTATT "clicked" in my mind: it was surreal.

After that, the meetings caused me HUGE anxiety. I felt detached.

Now, it just seems very odd, very strange. The "new light" that I would have glossed over previously is just plain bizzare.

So yes, I would agree that JWs are getting stranger, but really it's more me that has changed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What might appear as being strange today with this religious organization is some of the dramatic changes occurring within the organization itself,

as well of the WTS. trying to distance itself from its past.

When you proclaim that god has specifically chosen them as his mouth piece for all mankind, then propagate a long list of false

biblical teachings, you create a problem concerning your own appearant viability.

• d
    d

This is true the Jw's do seem stuck in a time warp. They do not seem to want to adapt with the times. It is 2013 not 1950's.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's a combo of getting out from their culture, and their policies getting weirder. I had to deal with some family biz this week, and when dealing with the family of dubs, they focused on weird topics.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Time is going win! the WTS is crumbling, just can't happen fast enough for me. Strange thing looking is back what the hell was I thinking? Must have had too much to drink... DAMM!

• flipper
    flipper

Yes indeed I agree that JW's seem even more strange as time goes on because we become more enlightened and free of the WT mind control as time goes on. The more our critical thinking ability opens up - the whole organization from top down seems even MORE bizarre ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper P.S. Be thankful we are out ! And have freedom of mind !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit