gets stranger with time

by d 22 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

I am noticing that as time goes times on, the Jw's become more stranger. they seem a whole more distant at least to me.

What do you think.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I feel the same way but I think it's a combination of my eyes being open and they are more controlling trying to keep people in. yes that is one sentence

• Londo111
    Londo111

Agreed!

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I do not even recognize my old religion ...... that new light is just too bright! lol

• d
    d

Sometimes the witness's will bring literature and I will see how strange the magazines are. I feel like since leaving 5 yrs ago. They seem so out of touch with reality it is sad to see.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They really are out of touch with reality, but of course, they were when you and I were in D. I think that the longer we are out, the more normal we get, and therefore the JW/WT stuff seems more and more wacky and looney toons.

I think when I was in, I recognised that their picture illustrations in the books and mags were weird, but I put that down to them using amateur Bethel Boy artists who had never been in the real world, which was about right I guess, cheapskates.

I do think I sense that they are getting weirder, it may just be me, but it seems so.

In which case, GOOD !!! for them to appear normal to the Public is the big worry, they will make more saddo recruits then.

"Weirdo Cult" is the label they deserve.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They seem stranger to me, but I have been out 12 years, and I think I really didn't fit in the 10 years before that, so at this point my thinking is very different fro the average JW. At some point, you know what you know, and from then on you are a square peg in a round hole. I can't even imagine sitting through a two hour brain washing session at this point in my life. I understand the thought processes of the average JW, possibly more than they understand themselves, but I can see in what ways they are barking up the wrong tree.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thats what happens when you hang out with the mentally diseased.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. is either apologizing for its past false teachings or they are lying about what the organization actually preached or taught.

Since the organization now has a long list of false doctrines potentially ruining its purposed image of itself, its no wonder the organization

has built a higher wall around its devoted members.

I wouldn't call that strange at all, I would call that probable or most likely of an occurance

• Pickler
    Pickler

They get stranger because the rest of the world changes and they haven't, largely due to,the out of touch GB.

The internet changes everything. I drove past some witnesses on the street today, and the thought of spreading information through the placement of magazines door to door seems so antiquated, like traveling salesmen from the 1930's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit