Rebuttals for having an independent attitude or spirit.

by Emery 30 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Before we went further I'd say: 'Give me an example.'

Then see whre it went from there.

My other reply cannot be written here for fear of being banned.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Romans 12:1 Consequently I entreat YOU by the compassions of God, brothers, to present YOUR bodies a sacrifice living, holy, acceptable to God, a sacred service with YOUR power of reason.

Tell them that in order to be acceptable in God's eyes we must train and follow our conscience as well as our power of reason. So thinking things through is part of spiritual maturity.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

how about "i know you are but what am I?" to be repeated repeatedly, regardless of response.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Fed-up - LOL. Alternitave response to the accuser: 'Your mother!'

• Room 215
    Room 215

"You mean as opposed to 'dependent thinking'??"

• tiki
    tiki

OUTLAW!!!!! That is one of your most awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thanks for the laugh!!!!

• tiki
    tiki

LouBelle - tis true - they are lemmings.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    What would you say to a JW or an elder if they were to accuse you of having an "independent spirit/attitude" using both the bible and reason?

Nothing. I don't answer to them and they wouldn't listen or respect the answer anyways.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The bible says in 1 Cor 13:5 " Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you-- unless indeed you fail the test?" The WTBTS constantly reinforces the idea that we are incapable of thinking for ourselves, that we need their direction in what to think do and say. This is nonsense, Jehovah gave us a brain and he ability to think, he expects us to them. . It is a falacy that once we may have determined that God was working the WTBTS, we should stop thinking and obey their guidance without question. This notion of complete obedience is common to all high control religions AKA cults. This is a huge red flag. The so called "unity" of the JWs is a false unity, achieved by indoctrinating people to let the TBTS think for them. True Christian unity is not achieved by threats of shunning.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

LEMMINGS! ty tiki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit