Rebuttals for having an independent attitude or spirit.

by Emery 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hey Bobcat ! your reasoning, and that scripture resonated with me, because since leaving the JW's I have educated myself as much as I can, ( a work in progress), and I feel I have "grown up".

The problem is for the GB that as soon as someone grows up and realises that their claim to be Santa Claus is simply not true, a child like me could not go back to believing in Santa Claus.

From that point on, a mental age of eight, or thereabouts, I suppose, all their bluster and arrogant false claims and demands for "loyalty" fell on deaf ears. I grew to adulthood, and then I realised how very silly the whole idea they are trying to sell is.

I no longer think as a babe, reason as a babe, I have become a man.

Ecce Homo !

The trouble is, 7.5 million have not, they still beleive in "Santa Claus".

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Phizzy you have a PM

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This man had an independent spirit

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

OODaD ! back at yer !

• Emery
    Emery

LOL @skeeter 1

I could see them replying to that with, "Well brother Skeeter, thats why he wasn't part of the Faithful and Discreet slave class." haha

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What would you say to a JW or an elder if they were to accuse you of having an "independent spirit/attitude" using both the bible and reason?

It should be realized and accepted that many religions demean independent thought and inquiry upon doctrines or directions.

For its seen as being rebellious and disrespectful toward the set leaders or people (usually men who are in position of authority)

Religion is very much about expressing control over a recognized socialized group of people. (the Flock)

The leaders or shepherds of this group take the position to designate behavior controls over that recognized group.

Why is there so a much questions concerning the WTS and its doctrines, might be because this religion is centralized around a publishing company.

• scary21
    scary21

Mrs Jones

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So the question comes down to who is acquiring power for themselves and who is also trying to sustain that acquired power.

All throughout human history there are factual stories of leaders of recognized religious beliefs making the extenuating

efforts to create power toward themselves as well to extraneously trying to sustain that acquired power.

For example in the times of the bible people who questioned the teachings or stature of the high priests were not only deemed

evil apostates from Satan (demons), they were taken outside to the surrounding area and killed, all orchestrated and directed by the high priests.

In the middle ages people who posed any contradictory questioning against the high priests were accordingly identified as heretics and brought

to the central part of the village to be killed in front of the living inhabitants.

So you can see it comes down very much to the aspect of power and the effort to sustain that power over a recognized group of people.

Thats religion .

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

If you had looked up "independent spirit" in the JW dictionary while I was growing up you would have seen my picture. Being a woman, that was doubly damning. One elder told me one time that it was both a blessing and a curse. He said I would get through persecution because of it but that I would probably be a spinster the rest of my life because no "brother" wanted a wife that was independent.

Oh if they only knew.

Heh

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

That following the herd could lead to your death - those rats/rodents or something along those lines all rush over a cliff somewhere (don't know if this is true or not) resulting in mass suicide. You want to be the rat/rodent that runs the other way! Saves your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit