What does Disfellowshiping really mean?

by nolongerconfused 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

not sure if I spelled the word right, but:

as some of you probably know I'm no longer active and have stopped attending etc...etc...

if one is disfellowshipped for whatever reason, including not agreeing with WTB doctrine...does the WTBS consider you worthy of death come Armageddon? I saw the trial transcript and that's what they believed in the 50's...anyone have any recent quote from their publications explaining how they see a disfellowshipped person?

• cofty
    cofty

Yes they teach that a DFd person would be squished by vengeful god at armageddon.

Don't worry though its all fiction.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Disagreeing with the GB means certain death, paedophilia, apparently not!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

My dad told me Michael Jackson didn't have a resurrection hope because he was DF/DA....

• fokyc
    fokyc

Disfellowshipping means you have probably annoyed the elders in your congregation.

If you discover any of their little secrets and you let them know you will be on your way out!

I feel very proud that I was disfellowshipped a year ago. It took up valuable time of 12 elders to do it!

I am now A "do not call".

• label licker
    label licker

We're not even disfellowshipped and I was reminded that a grade one student informed his teacher if you don't come to the kingdom hall you will be killed by Jehovah. So there's your answer out of the mouths of babes. Hubby just came in and told me that the guy who was fooling around on his wife and got reinstated, shortly after he got reinstated took a crobar and smashed his wifes lincoln in by hand, forged a legal document, goes after all the women who work for him, tells new guys he's about to hire that he doesn't hire guys whos dicks are bigger than his, never went to the meetings while df'd, came for one week during the co visit and even commented, was gone again and shortly after reinstated. Then his wife takes him back and she's allowed to pioneer two months after she moves back in with him. That's just one example and this came from people in the territory as well right from wifeys mouth. You tell me what disfellowshipping means.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You are being spiritually spayed/neutered.

Rub a Dub

• undercover
    undercover

Technically speaking, JW doctrine style, that is... if I remember correctly, one can be DFd for apostacy, yet come back to the congregation, repent, be reinstated and still survive the Big A.

Now, there is a provision for being cast out, never to return and that has something to do with sinning against the holy spirit, which involves more than just plain ole everyday apostacy. I never got a good handle on it, but I think it was just mumbo-jumbo to keep us all in line from even going anywhere near the line of doubting or questioning.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they, in time, (if they haven't already and I just havent heard about it) make apostacy in general a sin against the holy spirit, with no hope of coming back or surving the end.

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

It means 2 out of 3 congregation elders who can't read your heart, can't understand your motives, know very little about your past and what you have been through in your life decided that you were unrepentant for an act that is covered under the Judicial Law Code set forth by the WTBTS. Typically, you do the crime, you do the time.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

From the JW "doctrine" point of view, DFing means you were "unrepentant" and had to be put out of the Cong to protect it and keep it "clean". SUPPOSEDLY people do not get DFd for "punishment", but that is what happens, because they are taught at Elders School that since they cannot read a person's heart, they have to judge by what else they have done. So if you've boinked more than once or twice, you evidently were not sorry/repentant. (Same for overdrinking, smoking, drugging, whatever -- more than a couple times constitutes a "practice" and that is a buzz word in 1 Cor 10:8 & 1 Cor 15:24.)

It also means that you or your parents/husband did not have enough influence to get you off on merely "public reproof".

Yes, according to WT dogma, if you are unrepentant (and only Jehovah knows) you will be destroyed if the Big A comes before you repent.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit