Why should this annoy me?

by punkofnice 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Wifey says: 'I only married you because you was a JW!'

punkofnice We all need something to get annoyed about but that would annoy any husband. My wife’s parents blame me for her leaving the Borg. It gives me a warm glow to receive recognition for my valiant efforts.

Hope the recognition you are receiving from the elders does the same for you. At the end of the day they are just a pack of cards caught up in a dream called wonderland.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cuppy - I long for the day when I no longer care. It frustrates me they are so BLIND to the actual truth.

Doc - It screams cult!!

Gladiator - I think one of the things that annoys me is the elders that say this are all spineless pricks.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

most of what you say happened to me but I left, luckily no kids.

• ambersun
    ambersun

lol at cobaltcupcake . I never ceased to be amazed at some of the stories circulating about me and hubby after we left. One wierd one was that hubby had banned me from going to the meetings, even though it was ME who had stopped going to meetings several months BEFORE HE DID!! I only found out about this little gem of falsehood when I bumped into a sister who looked really concerned and asked if there was any way I could persuade hubby to let me go back!??! I quickly put her straight that he would never stop me if I actually wanted to go, and she looked quite shocked and amazed that I was not being stopped against my will. Very strange! At the end of the day, they all too often believe exactly what they want to believe even if it flies in the face of the actual facts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The rumour mill churns faster for people with no life..

JW`s you`ve never met will join in on the gossip..

JW

........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• sir82
    sir82

It may be helpful to view things from her perspective.

If she is a gung-ho JW (sounds like it), then she has bought the party line that one's dedication to Jehovah is by far the most important consideration in your life.

In her eyes, by DA-ing, you intentionally broke that vow.

If you would so callously break that all-important (in her mind) vow, what would hold you back from breaking your marriage vow to her?

So, she views your marriage as hanging by a thread, if not already over.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm sorry punkofnice for your wife's and other JW's behavior to you. Your anger is justifiable and time will help you.

Live your life to the fullest and send pictures in emails to all your conditional JW friends and family. Your happiness will kill them.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Sorry for you, things like this make your wife and the typical JW feel good about themselves

they need a pat on the back, and slander!

My MIL has problems galore, but god forbid you say something out of line, and within 10 minutes she will call (10 elders, her 4 sisters, 15 women in the kingdom hall, and 20 other miscellaneous people)

it sucks when you have nothing to say!

good luck

btw, this is my worst fear

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jook - Seems like it's always a similar story with cult members and their attitude towards us.

Amber - No doubt even though you told them the truth they'll believe that which is most sensational. The JWs have tabloid minds open to the WBT$ style paparazzi lies.

Outlaw - Now that's the undisputed truth. LOL

Sir - It was wifey that kept reporting me to the elders at every opportunity until they forcibly DA'd me. Not sure if that's what she wanted but she loves being the martyr.

ABS - I'll send the GB a postcard of me sunning myself with Satan

DaCheech - Wifey always did play the martyr. I hope you never have to face your fear.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't know if this is helpful Punky, but my therapist said that anger we can do nothing about is bad for us, she said we therfore need to channel that anger in to actions that we can take, so perhaps finding whatever ways you can to expose and publicise the WT/JW scam for what it is may help take the steam out.

Such is a good work anyway, and quite a distraction from our own thoughts.

Good luck mate ! It would be so much simpler if we could just go frequently, as needed, to the Kingdom Hall, and punch an Elder and then leave. Every time would be therapeutic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit