Yesterday was my last meeting

by nolongerconfused 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

Yesterday's Watchtower study was the last straw for me...as you all have probably seen the post before me, here's the quote that did it for me

11/15/2012 WT "Forgive One Another Freely"

Paragraph 16 - "In accord with Jehovahs's will, Christian elders have been entrusted with the responsibility of wrongdoing in the congregation. These brothers do not have the full insight that God does, but they aim to make their decision harmonize with the direction given in God's Word under the guidance of Holy Spirit. Hence, what they decide in such matters after seeking Jehovah's help in prayer will reflect his point of view" - Matt 18:18.

My spouse is an active JW and does not clearly see what kind of rubbish this teaching is... After the meeting, I told my spouse that this was my last meeting ever!... My spouse did not expect that from me at all...I said I do not want to be part of any organized religion and will serve God individually and following what the Bible says on my own...I brought up all the non-biblical teachings the WTS shoves down our throat...I brought up all the scandals, from the "cannibalism" to the United Nations involvement...to the monthly service reports, corporate ladder style organization, child abuse cover ups etc...

My main point however, was the whole shunning/Df'ing laws the organization has...I said if a person is repented from a sin and they still get DF'ed, who are these elders to pass judgement?...I said Paul was talking about a "fornicator"...a practicer of fornication who showed no signs of repentment...God is the only one that can read hearts...I also brought up how a judicial committee is NOT Biblical, nowhere does it say that first century Christians had these type of committees...I told my spouse I don't want to have anything to do with this organization and will not let the Organization determine or condemn me because they have NO right...my spouse then said I have apostate views....I said Apostate?...according to whom?...I said I'm not going against Christ because I still follow his example...nowhere does the Bible say that an Apostate is a person that goes against an organized cult like the WTS...The WTS HAS been one of the biggest apostates ever by going against Jesus's teachings...

After a while, my spouse calmed down, never gave me some kind of ultimatum and said that we will continue to love each other and remain together...I said great, you will respect my believes and I will respect yours...we ended the conversation on great terms and I can already tell our relationship is improving by the minute...I've had this crisis of conscience for such a long time and I'm glad I finally came out and stood up for myself and the word of God...I will refuse any "counsel" these poor "elders" would want to give me, and refuse meeting with them...like I said. I will not let this organization condemn/approve my actions...

Have a great week everyone!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Like Paul's mirror, reflecting darkly. So how is an elder's insight any better than your own conscience?

Congratulations, and continued strength for the days ahead. Get your wife a treat of some sort.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I did similar to you. It was a rough ride ending in my wife leaving me for no 'scriptural'(TM) reason. The elders are convinced it was me that broke up the family.

I decided the WBT$ was a big LIE. She left me. Somehow that makes me the one that broke the marriage up....go figure.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Tread softly about what you say and to whom you say it if you hope to "fade" without the Elders taking any Judicial action against you. Your wife is already one witness that could say you have apostate ideas. Don't let some "loving" elder be the second.

Good luck.

Doc

• tornapart
    tornapart

Oh! I wish I had the guts to do that!! One day I hope I can!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done NLConfused, I am so glad your wife is not a rabid JW, more loyal to the WT than to you, so many become that way.

You have a rough road ahead, but show your wife you love her, and continue to support her choices, especially if those choices are non-JW.

Please ask for advice on here as needed, sift it, hardly any of us are experts in any field, and your situation is unique to you.

But before you take any sort of action, get as much advice as you can, then decide your course, after making sure you are clear waht you wish to achieve.

Good luck ! you are on the way to greater and greater freedom, and amuch better life.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Congratulations...

What a sweet taste it is those first few moments of freedom are once the decision has been made that you will no longer allow your conscious to be superceded by corporate authority masqerading in benevolent meta-physical dress.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Wow, that's wonderful! Congrats!

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

I appreciate your comments...we talked about our future kids since we are not parents yet...she was concerned about having kids with me now...but I told her I understand her concern...and I said that I'm NO ONE to control or be a master of someone else's faith...I feel a moral obligation to teach our kids Biblical moral standards, but at the end it will be their choice on what to do with their lives...I will not impose my beliefs on others...I feel free...real freedom and have a much better relationship with my God and his son than ever before...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, that study was a piece of work. Actually, it was my wife who was ready to walk out of the WT study (we couldn't - brought an older sister). The tupsy-turvy reasoning drove her nuts. She kept saying they just went too far with this one.

I said I'm honestly not bothered by it, it's about what I expect from a bunch of men making shit up.

Glad to hear I worked out ok in the end with your wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit