Yesterday was my last meeting

by nolongerconfused 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I said the same things to my "still in" wife 3 months ago...I have not been at meetings or on the ministry since and since I am happier now I'm out our relationship is a lot happier too...it isn't rocket science...the happier you are the happier the environment you are in...

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I congratulate you. This gives you the opportunity to show your wife that your love and dedication for her has nothing to do with you being part of an organized religion. She will figure it out in time. Keep true to your determination. Blessings to you and yours.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Best of Wishes nolongerconfused to you and your wife!

If you have not read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") or visited his website, you might want to as an insurance policy to help your wife with her cognitive dissonance. Steve Hassan's books might also help you communicate better with your other JW family and friends.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am happy for you! I hope you will be able to get your wife out too. I too suggest Steve Hassen's books so it will help you and then it will help you get her out. It feels good to be free!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Of course that paragraph makes no sense, but in the context of the entire article it is obvious why they needed to shoehorn it in there.

They just spent nearly an hour telling us how we need to forgive one another, even of serious sins, so they need to do some "damage control" to re-assert why they shun people without even know why other than because some announcement was made from the platform.

I thought it was interesting to note that (in the congregation where I observed) only one individual commented on disfellowshipping or shunning even though there were several references to that and repentance in the article.

Apparently the subject of "the elephant in the room" was was too awkward for most people to touch.

It's all about control, they have it you don't: Shun anyone we tell you to shun even if you don't know why; on the other extreme you must forgive anyone we tell you to forgive even if they've caused you great personal injury and have not done anything to warrant your forgiveness.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BTW, was it a Freudian slip the way you quoted the paragraph in question? You quoted:

In accord with Jehovahs's will, Christian elders have been entrusted with the responsibility of wrongdoing in the congregation.

When it actually reads:

In accord with Jehovah’s will, Christian elders have been entrusted with the responsibility of handling cases ofwrongdoing in the congregation.

The part you left out significantly changes the meaning! ... lol

00DAD

• BU2B
    BU2B

Wow NL Confused, I am so happy for you, that must have felt great to get it all out in the open! And your wife responded well as can be expected too, mine ran to my parents house and "told on me" But the day is coming for me when I will have the same thing to say, This is my last time setting foot in the KH, oh what a turmoil filled yet happy day that will be. You are inspiration for me

• flipper
    flipper

NOLONGERCONFUSED- Good for you . It may be a challenge getting your JW spouse to respect your non-JW views as much as you'll respect her right to have her JW views - but I wish you the best of luck in your relationship. You're gonna need it

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Wow you were bold in standing up for what is right. Hope your wife does not try to pressure you. One thing I found interesting was how Jehovah stepped in to help "repentant" king David, instead of letting David fall in the hands of the judges. Yet Jehovah does not step in today, but lets the judges (elders) inflict spiritual death on sinners.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great news , I hope it works out for you both, the toughest parts will still be awaiting the pair of you when the busy body elders and members of both your families start poking their noses in, be strong!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit