Can't afford to pay Candace, but they can afford this:

by WinstonSmith 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OK 58 acres...It is surrounded by millions of acres of cows grazing.
    You could buy 1000 acres there for far less than $10 million.
    Who is going to drive 45 minutes to go to a gym?
    Who is going to locate their business in the middle of nowhere, even if it has interstate access?
    There is nothing there.....Sir82

How about in 10-20 years,will there still be nothing?..

I`ve seen farmland eaten up by the city in 2 decades..

No farms,No cows,No pastures..

High rises,Shopping centers,Schools,Subdivisions,car dealerships..

4 lane highways,Traffic lights..

Gas stations and convenience stores on every corner .

The WBT$ didn`t buy it to sell it tomorrow..

In 20 years they could bulldoze the building and still make a fortune..

........................... mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Makes me nauseous.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think the locals will get rather sick of all the JW traffic after a few weekends.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is there some scripture that I missed? One that says preaching and feeding people are mutually exclusive? 10 million could help so many families! What a good example of Christianity that would be! It makes me sick thinking of know-it-all dubs judging wordly rich people for not helping enough. Who is supposed to be the example here?

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

The society's plan - at least in the United States - is to continue to build large, regional assembly halls. The objective is "to cut costs" by eliminating the need to rent large auditoriums and stadiums. They want to become as detached from the "world" as possible. And funnel the rental dollars into the "world wide work" fund. These building projects also gives the local congregations the psychological illusion that each member plays a part in the organization - a mini Bethel you might say. A section in the assembly hall is usually set aside as a "theocratic" museum filled with Watchtower artifacts.

The local Kingdom Halls are improved by the regional building committees in order to retain positive resale value. These are potentially flip-able. The investment in regional assembly halls are long term and "permanent". In conversations and prayers, you will hear talk of the hall's long term use - "right into the new system."

• tiki
    tiki

re: besty's comment....aside from staying at the cheap motels, how is the economy going to see a boost if they aren't allowed to leave the premises for lunch/entertainment/whatever? plus - with one-day deals, there's nothing to be made by local biz.......

• sir82
    sir82

How about in 10-20 years,will there still be nothing?..

Hmmm....

It might be possible that that is their thinking.

It's just they're such idiots in so many areas....do they really have people who are bright enough to justify that much of a gamble? Do they have people who can make sound economic projections about which areas are likely to increase infrastructure over the next 2 decades such that an investment in land will be profitable?

Maybe they hire consultants to do that for them.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It all fits with their current priorities -- property acquistion and development, not preaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit