by WinstonSmith 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WinstonSmith
  • besty
    besty

comment quick before they get disabled :-)\

" Contact the writer: [email protected] or 803-533-5551"

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Don't worry, it is all being paid for by the people in the congregations that will use it. The WT will probably not have to end up putting up any of their money for it.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Yup, the publishers will have maybe had some sort of resolution donation over the months and years leading up to completion. They would have had to borrow any other required money from the Society. It will be paid off via a monthly per publisher calculated remittance, then when the time comes for an assembly to be held there, the congregations will be charged on a per publisher rate for the privelige of hiring the hall they already paid for. If it is like the assembly halls here in Australia, the rate is $6 - $8 per publisher.

3000 people at $6 per is about $18,000.00.

Not a bad scam if you can get in on it.

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

You beat me to it! I wanted to post this. oh well :) couldnt find the link

haha, but yeah. how lavish. 10million? really?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I posted something. I think my computer kinda freeked on me I think it was even upset

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Maybe they'll let Candace use the 4100 gallon pool.

What a bunch of tossers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Youngblood was among the approximately 5,000 volunteers who worked on the Assembly Hall over the past year and a half.
    The 3,000-seat Assembly Hall sits on 58 acres near the intersection of S.C. Highway 33 and Interstate 26.

Which will be sold when the price of real estate goes up..

The money will then be Donated to the WBT$..

The WBT$ has a Special Message for all the JW`s..

Who Donated their Time and Money..

.............................. mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• sir82
    sir82
    Which will be sold when the price of real estate goes up..
    The money will then be Donated to the WBT$..

Yeah, I can see how you'd come to that conclusion, but....

Have you been out there? I've driven past it. It is literally in the middle of nowhere. It is between Columbia & Charleston, at least an hour from Charleston and maybe 30-45 minutes from Columbia. There is one of those god-awful travel strips the next exit over, with 3 or 4 cheap chain hotels and a dozen or so fast-food places and 5 or 6 "Applebees" clones.

And that's it.

Let's assume the price of real estate does go up substantially.

Who is going to buy a 3000 seat auditorium in the middle of nowhere for $10 million+? What possible use could it serve for non-JWs?

I'm jut as cynical as the next guy when it comes to the WTS schemes for money, but in this case I just don't see who the buyer would be.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Sir82- a new supermax jail?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit