24,000 Partakers This Time?

by Cameron_Don 24 Replies latest jw friends

• david_10
    david_10

If the number of partakers actually does increase to 24,000, I doubt that we would ever hear about it------------------The Society would have to lie. They would have to.

I've always felt that the Society is basically honest in reporting statistics because even when the number of partakers does go up (as it does most years) they always report it as such. But for the number to double? No, they would have to lie about it.

If they didn't, it would show beyond any doubt that the doctrine of a diminishing annointed remnant is one big crock. Either that, or they would have to say that everybody's crazy. Or that Jehovah is a very poor judge of character who is always picking wrong and having to choose replacements.

A B or C, it's one or the other, take your pick.

David

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

But for the number to double? No, they would have to lie about it.

Or, find that reporting it was no longer necessary. That might be the more convenient route.

Actually, I'm surprised they have kept reporting it to now.

I also doubt they consider any private partaking as valid - except in cases of confinement.

As you know, they are very steeped in precise legalism, even down to the quirky dance around which the speaker and servers get served.

And thanks for the info about AnointedJW. I did not know about Urantia but something about the site gave me a curious pause. Even so, some of their documents were of interest, includung their correspondence.

• cedars
    cedars

Whether the number of anointed doubles or not, I personally doubt that it will have anything to do with the efforts of the two individuals who run anointedjw.com

Cedars

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am inclined to think there will be a levelling off now, all those who are newly spurred on to partake are beginning to awake, so they soon join the ranks of those who leave, and don't generally go back to a Memorial again.

Just my hunch.

• besty
    besty
    Whether the number of anointed doubles or not, I personally doubt that it will have anything to do with the efforts of the two individuals who run anointedjw.com

Looks like they have doubled to 4 on this thread alone :-)

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Data_Dog

I began to be suspicious when I've read their article "The Little Known Twelve". I wondered where they have gotten that information from. It didn't take me too long to realize it came straight from the Book of Urantia. I've sent them an email and asked them directly, and they confirmed it. Since this book was produced in modern times by means spiritualistic channeling, I decided I didn't want to have anything to do with that. In any case, I respect their views of a "one hope" (heavenly, that is) for all christians. However, I am disturbed by their insidious manners who apparently are very respectful and obedient to the Governing Body, while in fact it's obvious that they're attempting to carve out a scism within the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Eden

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

An " angel of light " perhaps?

• Pterist
    Pterist

Data dog ***Edenone I began to be suspicious when I've read their article "The Little Known Twelve***

Same here as mentioned above in my comment. Go to this article " the little known twelve " copt and paste a paragraph in google and you will find word for word in the Urantia book..investigate that book !

Cedars: interesting that Cedars seems to know that it is run by 2 individuals, I would have expected him being ex-JW to warn people about the sources ! Comments, replies, outburst ????

• sir82
    sir82

The number of partakers seems to rising by about 600 per year....pretty ambitious to expect it to go up by 12,000. Would be fun to see though.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

They are indeed two.

Actually, they sign their articles with "Elaia Luchnia", which is a straight reference to the "two witnesses" of Revelation.

I can't say if they do this metaphorically or they think they fulfill that role.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit