just a funny

by Roberta804 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Now that my mother has been laid to rest and I have no worries about the JW in the slightist, here is one funny....

In 2006 I obtained conservatorship over mom because she wanted to give all her money to the Printing Company. She had made a pledge of sorts to the "building fund" for $5000. Well she found some of her old checks that were not attached to any account as I had opened a conservator account. She wrote out a check for $5K to the KH and put it in the "box". Two days later the elders wanted to meet with her because they could not cash the check. Stepping in as her new conservator, "Oh just bring the check over and I will take care of it for you". I met them at the door, and as they handed me the check I give him an envelope with a $5 bill in it along with a copy of the court order that she was not allowed to gift any moneys. I snicker inside every time I think of it.

• tiki
    tiki

good one roberta!! you did good!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh to see the look on that elder's face.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

tsk! tsk! tsk! Too cute.

My parents are still active in the truth, but they are so elderly and sweet, I just hold my tongue (well, not always) and let them continue their fantasy that the WTS is still supported by Jehovah. But I'm like you, I have very, very little tolerance for anything WTS now.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Good move Roberta804!

What a laugh at the Pharisees' and Sanhedrin's expense.

Another battle lost by the Printing Company.

Just how far away is the tipping point before it loses the war?

(Revelation 18:21) . . .“Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again."

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Thats so great. I would love to have heard their conversation once they left. Im sure they cussed you out.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Now THAT was awesome.

Adiva

• cantleave
    cantleave

Love it!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Would've been better if you ripped the check up and threw the bits in their faces

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good Move Roberta.
    Larsinger ...Please stop referring to it as the TRUTH!!!! It realyl bothers me it is the LIE!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit