At what age do you think people should start dating? What age did you start?

by MsGrowingGirl20 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My oldest son started at 15 but it was highly controlled. He's eighteen now but doesn't go on many dates. He and his friends mainly hang out in groups and plan for their next comicCon. My daughter just went to a dance at her high school along with a huge group of friends last night. I've asked her and she doesn't seem to have an interest in dating anyone right now. That's fine with me. Oh she's 15.

Totally balanced and age appropriette. Isn't it wonderful to speak with your kids, rather than barking WT edicts written by old men in an Ivory tower at them?

You allow dating with rules, and now it's not the forbidden fruit, so they are like meh, until they meet the right person.

Totally balanced and age appropriette

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

This might sound strange but i'm going to be 20 in June and i think that i'm READYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Yayayayayayayayaaaaaayyyy!

• goodbye
    goodbye

My daughter is 13 and lots of ppl around her are dating with have said 16. She told us last week that she is glad she can't date and that it all seems far too stressful. She is glad she can just say sorry my parents won't let me date.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Happy trails msgrowingirl20,

keep in mind, age is only one factor in datin'

mentality is the other

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was dating at 12,14. boys from school,( war was on & I was evacuated so no parents).
    I met my hubby.when I was working at an Orphanage now 15. got pregnant at 16 ,with a Canuck ( hubby) married at 16,
    I believe if you teach your kids that MOST boys want nooky! & they mustnt give in. ( & If they are going to do it ,make sure
    a condom is on....BUT if we do give ourselves to passion when young) we usually regret it .

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"past the bloom of youth, of course.....preferably post-menopausal"

I know a few "fine spiritual sisters" that are still waiting for the new system to find a husband, they've been waiting for decades now but are still holdin' on. . . . unreal

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I didn't go out on a date until I was past my 21st. My son went on his first at 15.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Not to tease u Mouthy, but in your day, at 20 u are welcoming the grandkids

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I also believe that 20 is a good year to start dating.

Well I'm gonna be 21 in march and I feel like I haven't formally dated anyone yet either. I mean I did date a sister for half a year but half of it was in secret and the other part was done in the JW way which made the whole relationship crumble.

As much as I want to date again, and I mean it in a proper way (no hiding, no BS) I restrict myself from going after any and all JW girls for obvious reasons, but also non-JW people, at least until I get out.

I hope that makes sense...

Anyway happy early birthday! Haha

OneDayillBeFree

• mouthy
    mouthy

wha Happened. Yes your right & now my GREAT grandkids are driving me nuts( the ones that are out of the WT
    The ones that are in I dont hear from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit