Going to 9:30 am meeting. Oh Joy...NOT! Cliques anyone??

by OneStepOut93 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Hahaha are you serious?? Are you in my hall? Because my meeting is also at 9:30am! Well mine's actually going on right now so we must be in different time zones, maybe...

But anyway early meetings on a Sunday is just retarded! There's always less people and the ones that are there are half asleep!

And yeah cliques suck! Especially when you know it's all BS!

But sadly, when I was still believing in all of it, I was also part of that clique like that blonde sister that you mentioned.

I was always commenting and smiling, flirting with the sisters, (even the married ones) and kissed so much ass in the elder department that my spiritual lips were fluffy soft! Hahaha

But don't worry, it's only for a couple hours. Then your out!

Oh and god I hate it when they play anything watchtower related in the car! It's torture!

But thats what my iPod is for... Hehe

I also wish you good luck!

OneDayillBeFree

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

OneDayI'llBeFree, you put a smile on my face. Haha. Yeah I live in the Pacific North West. How could you stand to be in that clique?! Honestly. I would go NUTS. Yeah tell me about it, I'm going to be yawning the whole time. Thanks dude, luck to you too! :)

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

I know Hoser. We have all been there. *sigh* The worst is when they say that the other person goes out in service SO much and why don't we ever do that instead of working?? =.=

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Haha oh Designs, you comedian you. :P

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

my former hall was the worst. certain families ONLY associated with their own families or a select other few. the gossip was heinous and perpetuated by the clique who were the elder/pioneer families with money. then there were the fundamentalist jw's who were also family that were in a usually silent but perceptible feud with the gossipy, wealthier clique. made for an uncomfortable situation for many when they were at odds. was part of the reason i left. watching them made me physically ill. cliques r so prevalent and so divisive.

Are we from the same hall?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Awww I hate it for you

Cliques are found everywhere , it's harder for those confined

to the Hall , who have no friends outside of this religion.

when there is no one you can relate to in your cong

your can find yourself alone

Cliques are formed mainly through a common bond. Like religion or even the High school Band

And then people tend to group within that accordin' to personal likes and dislikes.

The difference between a worldly clique and the ones in the Hall

is this

If a person no longer wants to be a band member or even of another religion.

they still can retain the friendships they have made

Stop bein' a Jehovah's witnesses, you lose your clique, all you have ever known

and if you have no friends on the outside to fill the void

you find yourself alone.

• designs
    designs

When I was 19 and pioneering, late 60s, I was assigned to a KH where the PO or Assistant PO would walk around the Hall during the Wt. study and check on people to see if they had their Wt. studied or not. O my gawd they were batshitcrazy

You've got understanding friends here.

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

WasBlind, you're so right. But I do have wordly friends I still talk to in secret. :) So once I go I won't be alone!

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Designs, omg, I hate it when the person in your isle answers the brother on mic duty can see your watchtower. =.=

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yeah I live in the Pacific North West.

My wife and I moved from the Pacific NW. I was born and raised in Kennewick WA and moved to Olympia/Lacey area in 2003. We moved in 2004 to Colorado. We would go to the Tacoma Dome for conventions and Puyallup assembly hall for the 1 and 2 day assemblies. Are you near there? If its too much private info to put out you can PM me using the envelope on the top right corner. My wife and I knew many families all over Washington. We have friend in Portland too. Good luck in hell... I mean meeting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit