The story of Bo Juel Jensen - the man behind the Anti-Watchtower media campaign in Norway

by cedars 38 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Scaring people into silence by threatening them with "disfellowshiping" or "disloyalty to Jehovah" for exposing the wrongs done by members of the Organization was a Predator Paradise for a time. The arrogance of the Watchtower needs to be judged by Jehovah, they bragged they were different, they were the accusers of Christendom and the Catholic Church's cover up of sexual abuse. Hubris!

• DonJuel
    DonJuel

Thank you all so much for your supportive and heartwarming comments. I feel that all the positive comments make the fight easier. My hope is that by telling my story more people will have the courage to step forward and tell their story. For many years I thought that I was the only one who had experienced abuse within the congregation. I felt very alone. I don´t feel alone any more! There are thousands of victims and it´s time for all of us to speak out against this morbid cult.

One of the things that made me realize that JW is no more Gods people than any other religions or cults, is their belief that the elders are appointed by The Holy Spirit. “The elders, appointed by holy spirit, are the Governing Body’s representatives on the spot, in a position to consider all factors.” - The Watchtower magazine, July 1, 1976, page 401

How could anyone in their right mind believe that The Holy Spirit would choose pedophiles to run Gods business? Well, I don’t have to answer that one do I? I will take the opportunity to say one thing about the article. I do not think I am the Watchtowers worst nightmare. I think that the Watchtower is the Watchtowers worst nightmare! If you look back at 2012 and see all the things the WTBT$ has done in one single year that has backfired directly in their face it´s just incredible. The Conti case, release of the “Become Jehovah´s Friend” DVD, the turmoil their sign language video of “no-no to masturbation” made on YouTube and the BOE letter of October 2012 are all thanks to them self’s. They have made it so easy for people like me to say to the world “Look! This is what we have told you for years, and now they prove it publicly for everyone to see”.

A huge thank you to Richard E. Kelly for writing my story and to John Cedars for making it available for the public. And to all the victims of the towers policies on child abuse; stay strong! You are not alone! Your voice will be heard! And the WTBT$ will be given no more warnings. This is it! We are not going to be silenced any more. Either you change and get down on your knees and pray for forgiveness or we will destroy you. Either way we are going to expose your evil ways for the whole world!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Great story. My heart goes out to Bo and all those who were molested. This has to stop innocent children do not need these people to prey on them who are shielded by the WTS.

• jhine
    jhine

I applaud your courage and pray that you will see this through to the end and that yours and all the other cases of Watchtower bullying and hypocracy will get all the media coverage that they deserve

• Splash
    Splash

I was always under the impression that for something criminal (as opposed to civil), then the police took people to court?

If this is the case, a JW is not violating the 'don't take your brother to court' clause, since it's the police doing that.

Also, who is bringing reproach on Jehovahs name? Is it the offender / those wanting to cover it up, or is it the victim who tries to protect the other children?

Splash

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Love the article and video! It's shocking that the WTS clings to an outdated and unjust policy, all the while pointing its collective finger at the Catholic church.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hey Bo,

Man you rock. Just all the media attention on the Norwegian NRK during an entire week must have rocked more than a few chairs.

Your story, although extremely painful, is even more hideous as we know it is facilitated by the WTBS policies, and that is true to this day.

I have tried to reason on this with my parents, going as far as comparing the orgs policies with those of the Protestant church, but they still believe theirs is the best.

Would it be possible to expand this beyond Norways borders? Your video on youTube was quite impressive. Are you mastering some other languages like german?

Keep it up, I like what you are doing.

Hoffnung

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

Unbelievable....

His story is so sad and tragic, yet Bo has a strength and human spirit that cannot be stopped!

I have heard similar stories to Bo's, and they just make me so sad for all of the victims who never got the help and comfort they deserve.

Thankfully, Bo has the strength and courage to fight this battle. I support him 100%.

My first "protest" was to resign as an elder and become inactive.

Hearing Bo's story, this little voice tells me that I didn't do enough - I need to join the vocal minority to expose just how far reaching this problem is. There was a molester in every congregation I attended in my lifetime (6).......isn't that just disgusting??

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Thank you "DonJuel"! What you are doing is very important. Plus, as my wife pointed out you are very photogenic. Articulate in English too (I assume that you kick ass in Norwegian!)... I suppose that they are both important.

Queequeg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit