If bacon ceased to exist would the world be a poorer place?

by usualusername 17 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

I have a wicked bacon pasta recipe.

• Joliette
    Joliette

If bacon didnt exist I would be convienced that the world is coming to an end.

In a related story: My coworker is muslim and will cut anyone if they even talk about pork or bacon. I couldnt live without it. I'm suprised that the

faithful and discreet slave didnt ban bacon in its publication.

• Sulla
    Sulla

They haven't banned it because they haven't yet explored the roots of bacon-curing. It is well-known that the process of curing bacon (as well as other, non-bacon meats) was a crucial part of pagan spiritism throughout the Near East. Building the smoker was a communal activity with religious overtones, while consuming the product was always part of a religious experience where the local god was deemed to be present at the meal.

• cantleave
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

It would be less desirable to live in a baconless world. My mind struggles with the mere thought. I need to hear the piggy sizzle.

Elizabeth Taylor once said: "the two best smells in the world are babies and bacon." I disagree. Sometimes babies do NOT smell good, but bacon always does!!!

Yes, the world would indeed be a poorer place if bacon ceased to exist!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The smell of bacon frying is the greatest smell ever. Then you eat it... and you realize the smell is only a foreshadowing of the joy to come. I've been known to fry up a pound of bacon and just eat that for breakfast. My heart says no but my mind says yessssssssss.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

A world without bacon would be a world where one of the world's smartest animals (smarter than cats and dogs) isn't being raised and eaten for its flesh, so no, I think the world would be better off, not poorer.

• tiki
    tiki

wow - i should be a wiccan jewish atheist!!! awesome chart EntirelyPoss - and duck egg?!?!?! you have ducks and a pond?

personally, i am not a fan of pigmeat in the least - i abhor and detest ham...pork is boring and tasteless - but i do like extremely crisp bacon every now and then - i trim as much fat off as humanly possible, they almost char it.............it has to be totally crunchy. hhmmm.....i have some in the fridge - just got an idea.......................for brunch.............:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit