My congregation & the UN (Update)...

by caballoSentado 39 Replies latest jw friends

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

Great move.Many who saw the info some believe,but many say(JWs)it's just a ploy.But who knows?Anyway,God Bless you

RevFrank

• D8TA
    D8TA

Fred(small-mind)Hall said:

First I think that your congregation has been eating too much of Bean Enchilda with alot of beer.
    Somehow, even if this is meant in jest, I find "See FredHall" under Webster's definition for Bigot.

It also hints of racist overtones.

Using this type of an attack on ones ethnicity to A)boost your ego and B)Ignorantly justify your apologist point of view; is a fine example of your true colors Fred.

D8TA

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

lv4fer and rekless,
    I have no special stuff, All I got is from the internet. I think that the elders opened their eyes for this reason: In my country the middle class is small & mostly they have a career (studied in the university). I myself am a professional. JWs of the middle class are few. But some of us lived through the 1975 fiasco (? is that the word?) and heard all the preaching against higher education (in spite of that, we kept studying). We had a scar for that, sometimes we used to speak with friends about this bad thing... So if they lie to us again or see hypocrisy, some of us are going to open the eyes.

I think that a good is starting a conversation about the "hypocrisy of the churches", they are supporting the UN, the society charged them with that in the Jun 1 1991 WT... your friends is going to agree with that... tell him they do this by being NGOs... after that, tell him what does he think of that, let him speak whatever he wants against the UN and the churches... when he learnes the WT-UN affair he will have to think.

D8TA
    We do not worry much about racial problems here, My father is a spaniard, my mother's grandparents came from Ireland & some had german blood. My wife is part arab, part spanish. My friends are white, indians (cholos), criollos (creoles?), african-american (that is the acepted word I think) and the like.... we see the heart of people, not their skin.

Adios amigos,
    Have a good day (que tengan buen dia)

Caballo Sentado

• TheStar
    TheStar

Email the stuff to me three... Please.

"We would not refuse to treat one as a brother because he did not believe the Society is the Lord's channel... There should be full liberty of conscience." -- WT April 1, 1920, p. 100, 101

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Regarding the new elders being assigned to your congregation:

Bend over and kiss your ass goodbye. They are coming to remove the "leven" and that's you.

There will be NOTHING that you can say or do to justify or not justify anything that you are doing or saying in their eyes. If they want you gone, you're gone.

Once you accept that fact, you will start to feel better.

Slipnslidemaster: "Easter so longed for is gone in a day."
    - James Howell

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Caballo Sentado:

Keep us informed! I get the vibe that you are a good hearted person......God bless

• You Know
    You Know

You say you love God and the Bible, and that's good. But Jehovah commands us to love our brothers above all else. So, here's the problem that you are faced with: Is your setting this stumbling block more squarely in front of your brothers an act of brotherly love? Now, it is true that what the Watchtower did was wrong, I would even go so far as to call it an act of treachery and gross unfaithfullness to Jehovah God and they have placed an enormous POTENTIAL stumbling block before everyone. But, those brothers who are responsible for compromising the entire organization will answer to Almighty God. In the meantime though, how many Witnesses actually know about the Watchtower's relationship as an NGO? And if they don't know about it why should YOU be the one to draw their attention to it? Why would you do that if you really cared about them? Shouldn't a true friend try to protect his brothers from stumbling? Obviously apostates want to get as much mileage out of this as they can because they hope to stumble as many as possble in the time remaining. Remeber that apostate dubs got the Guardian to write that piece in the first palce. But why should you help them bring the scandal to the brothers' attention. The wise course is to just sit back and let events take their course and not be the one that advertises the stumbling blocks, that is if you want to remain guilt-free before Jehovah God. / You Know

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks Caballo,
    Hang in there and keep your love for what is right. All will come together for you soon, I hope.
    Randy Watters

Net Soup!
    http://www.freeminds.org

• thewiz
    thewiz

why doesn't anyone email this stuff to the WTB@TS?

I used to send my email to:

[email protected]

maybe try root nearly everyone has a root, unless they have deleted it. Anyway at the time they had a [email protected]

I even got a response back to stop doing it. From someone I had known for 30 years. And that's when I was trying to be helpful, and he sticks a thumb up my ass.

• JT
    JT

yk confuses stumbling with telling someone the truth

but i understand YK position, his position is from the angle of The Watchtower is God's mouth pc"

while the rest of us are using the same measuring rod that the wt tells millions to use when determing if a religion is true or not

do they lie and are their dogmas based on the bible or man made

so while the rest of us are applying the same set of weights and scales for measuring wt, YK is not

what is so interesting if another religion did exactly the SAME THING they would be considered a false religion, but when WT does it the avg jw like YK starts looking for excuses like "God will clean it out"

of course no other religion could use that same lame excuse

this is why it is so important in my view that poster like YK post here on a regualar basis to provide for serious students of knowledge clear examples of what happens to a person who fails to call a spade a spade. I certainly hope that YK continues to post his clear examples of the JW mindset , which as I tell folks esp NONJW is to DEFEND THE ORG AT ALL COST AS BEING THE MOUTHPC OF GOD HIMSELF

keep them post a coming YK

James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit