New Videos for Teens

by Christ Alone 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Pretty nice presentation. I wonder whether they farm this stuff out or do they do it in house?

I just imagine someone with the creativity be skill that this artist has feeling "claustrophobic" in h Bethel "art" department.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"Excluding people is a form of bullying"

I'm at work and can't watch this. Did it really say that in the video?!?!?

WTF do they think shunning is?

• tec
    tec

It is not a bad video (the bullying one); it reflects what experts teach as well. (minus the bible passages)

However...all that advice doesn't always work. I would say that it only sometimes works, in some situations. Some bullies will run you off no matter if you follow that advice or not. For a kid who follows the advice and does everything they're supposed to do, then is failed by the ones giving them that advice to actually protect them (such as going to an adult)...they lose trust in ALL authority and advice, and rightly so.

Sometimes the only way to beat some bullies IS to knock them back. Sometimes that makes things worse too. But I think it less damaging to the self-esteem and self-worth than taking it and taking it and taking it, and then being told, when you finally explode and react... that you are the same as the bully (or worse).

No easy solution.

I also had the same thought as Amelia about the shunning thing, coming from the wts.

Peace,

tammy

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I think the Bully one is well done “technically” and I think they almost got it. For example:

• Don’t walk to school alone
    • Label your belongings and don’t take money or expensive thing with you to school
    • Tell an adult (parents, teacher or trusted adult)
    • Shine a spotlight on their actions

Yeah, it’s all good.

YET to tell a kid to act confident and to use humor, you can’t teach that to a kid; especially if they are scared. As for avoiding places where bulling might happen… well, I agree if it is occasional. However, if the kid always avoids a park some other favorite place, then, that’s not right; they need learn how to face their problems, not running away.

If my kid gets bullied, I will invest in recording devices and call the cops, plain and simple. That’s why I pay my taxes.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Concerning the teen video, I think they are totally right. Especially where they talk about the fact that you can text things you wouldn't say. There is a lot of flirt in the Witnesses because of that.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I just have a really difficult time figuring out how a bunch of musty, old suits

in Brooklyn think they have ANY advice to give to anyone with children, marital

problems or debt. It's easy to dole out advice when you're nice and cushy in

your Brooklyn palace with everything provided to you.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

"Excluding people is a form of bullying"

I'm at work and can't watch this. Did it really say that in the video?!?!?

WTF do they think shunning is?

Yup, with a picture of a big hand blocking them, just to illustrate what excluding a person actually is just in case you didn't already know
  • maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Not a bad video at all. Not an orgional idea, nto that I care. It is the same as these guys have been doing for a while, a good idea if you are going to imitate someone.

http://www.thersa.org/events/rsaanimate

• Eustace
    Eustace

YET to tell a kid to act confident and to use humor

That sounds more like how to impress a girl than how to deal with a bully.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And that cell phone video? They are focusing totally on the wrong issues. What they don't say is that our world is becoming so paranoid about sex between consenting adults that they are putting up traps to make getting together extremely difficult and dangerous. It takes just one text that is interpreted as "sexual harassment" (an expedient way to get rid of someone these days) to get someone in heaps of trouble, including jail time. And that's in the world--which is becoming impossible to get anywhere with the opposite sex in these days because of these traps.

They also don't mention the real facts of cell phone use. The government is snooping in on every text and message. They have yottabytes of storage to snoop on us, and ensnare us. One message they don't like, complaint or none, will get you to Guantanamo Bay or worse. The GPS system helps them locate you as easily in a raid as in an emergency. You can text (hopefully not while driving, which they make no mention of), you can surf the Web (again, hopefully not while driving), and most of these devices have snitch chips so the government can monitor you. Not to mention the radiation one of those things puts out while transmitting.

Instead of worrying so much about non-existent threats, they should be paying more attention to the costs and benefits of using cell phones. Research the facts. Videos like these leave people totally unprepared for making wise decisions. Are they afraid of things that are actually redundant? Or are they simply worried that someone could spend all their field circus time on the phone not verifying that someone is home before making a call? Or spending their Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund money on data? Or going online onto "forbidden sites"? (And by "forbidden sites", I mean apostate religious sites.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit