Jehovah witness's who still live at home

by d 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• d
    d

Did you know of any jw's that still live at home? I knew a guy who was about in his 30's back in 2005 who still lived at home.

Do you know of any?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Are you trying to ask if we know of any adult JWs that still live with their parents as opposed to being out on their own?

If that's your question, then yes, I have known of several, many in fact.

Why?

• Splash
    Splash

It seems to be very common I would say.

Part of it is down to finances.

After receiving a basic education and low paying job, how can you afford to move out, and how can your parents afford to let you move out?

Splash

• blondie
    blondie

I work with a guy whose 2 non-jw sons, 28 and 30, still live at home, have degrees, can't find the job they really like. At least they haven't gotten married, had children, and still live at home.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Loads some even into their 40s and 50s

• d
    d

Yes I am wondering if you know those who are still living at home that into their 30's and beyond. I know one who might still be a jw he was 35 the last time I saw him.

• label licker
    label licker

Yup! Over two thirds of our hall are still living with their parents. Then there's a few where the parents chipped in on houses for their delinquents. Then you have the delinquent kids living with their parents who are spongeing off their parents(three generations living under one roof). Then most of the pioneers have their parents paying for their clothes, cars and paying their rent and their reward is at lunchtime they get to go home to their parents and have a nice hot meal. This gives them the strength to get up on the platform and tell everyone they can pioneer too, that it's not hard. I think the worse is over half the whimps in the hall don't work or they work part time and don't pioneer. What is wrong with their wives???? The ones that do try to pioneer then find how hard it is and wait untill they get their labels and the wives get pregnant and the husbands go back to college to get something under their belts. Pretty sad and pathetic. We never saw these things until we came into this bazarre religion. God help you if your retired for they will hound you to pioneer and if you don't they take away your little gold star label and washroom duties. Ummmm, I take back washroom duties, your still good enough for that BUT ONLY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• d
    d

Only in the jw religon do you see peopl who are in their 30's and beyond who still live at home.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

yes, he is 48 now, never lived away from his JW parents. He is an elder.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I know two brothers (same parents) who live at home. One is 55 the other is 46. They both lived elsewhere for 6-9 months but moved back in and stayed ever since. There is another guy who married and his family live in the upstairs of the house while his parents live downstairs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit