What Are Words That You Or Others Have A Hard Time Pronouncing?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Pneumatic.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I really have a hard time correctly pronouncing this particular phrase:

"Jehovah's Witnesses are the one true religion on Earth today!"

I"m not exactly sure why that's so hard for me to say correctly. Can anyone help me out here?

00DAD

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have hard time pronouncing the difference of "z" and "s". Yes I can still talk pretty good.

• Gopher
    Gopher

New Orleans. How many syllables?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

People who say mis chiev i ous instead of mis chie vous and

people who say main tain ence instead of main tenance

• minimus
    minimus

Love this thread!

Cavalry is a good one!

I know of someone that says salat as opposed to salad.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

protractor, and I cant spell necessary. I had a mate when I was a Dub and we knew a guy called Lawrence McLaughlin and he could never pronounce the sirname no matter how hard he tried. We had a bro in our cong who was the equivalent of numerically dyslexic and I think they used to make him read the announcements on purpose , so if we had £4000 in the cong account he would say four hundred thousand and he would get every figure muddled up.

• srd
    srd

Yahweh

• Terry
    Terry

I knew a young woman who thought you could be death in one ear. Not Deaf, mind you, but Death! Apparently she never listened closely. And probably never read a book!

I notice when I listen to Books on CD the reader often has a problem with a word or two.

You'd think if you were hired to read something you'd take the trouble to look up unfamiliar words.

Here are a few:

ZOO-ology which is wrong instead of ZOE-ology which is right. If you look closely at the word you only have a ZO before the OLOGY begins!

MAN-ay's which is wrong instead of MAY-O-nays which is right. Mayonnaise has a Mayo right up front. Not a Man in sight!

PER-skrip-shun is wrong instead of PREE-skrip-shun which is right. Pre means before and script means to write. The Doctor writes the prescription BEFORE you pick up the medicine!

Pros-STRAYTE is wrong instead of Pros-TATE which is right. A man has a prostate but anybody can lie down prostrate.

If you buy furniture for your bedroom or living room it is a SWEET (suite) and not a SOOT. The Nutcracker is a suite (SWEET).

A real estate agent is a REEL-TORE and not a reel-uh-ter.

Tijuana is only 3 syllables and not 4. Tee-won-uh and not Tee-uh-won-uh.

And, my grandmother's favorite: Chester Drawers (which is wrong) instead of Chest of Drawers.

• tornapart
    tornapart

How about Judicial Decisions.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit