What Are Words That You Or Others Have A Hard Time Pronouncing?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Pronunciation ... most JDubs say "pro-NOUN-ciation"

New-kya-luhr instead nuclear

Real-a-tor instead of realtor

aks (axe) instead of ask

revelations instead of Revelation

----------------------------------------------

We must never forget that most JWs only have a high school edjumakashun ... or less.

They all been to bizy getting a dee-vine theo-cratic lurning to lern to speek prawpearly.

In the new system will all speek Hebrew anyways, so wuts the big deel?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"Liberal" It always comes out as "F****** M***** F******".

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Pronunciation ... most JDubs say "pro-NOUN-ciation

I remember a sister gave a talk about good pronunciation, however,throughout the whole talk she kept saying "noun", the brother who counseled her never mentioned that she was saying it wrong, just moved on to the other points, so I guess either our Ministerial Servant didn't know better himself (which I kinda doubt since he's a radio DJ, even back then, he can presently be heard on Sirius Radio and he does voice overs for local commercials) or he waited until later privately, or perhaps he just let it go.

• perfect1
    perfect1

My Dear sweet love of my life says

Irrev-OCK-able

instead of ir-REV-ocable

for irrevocable.

• Scully
    Scully

I have a co-worker who says "fustrated" or "flustrated" instead of frustrated.

Like minimus, it bugs me when I hear the word jewelry pronounced "jew-ler-y", or the word nuclear pronounced "nuke-u-ler".

I refuse to watch shows like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo because I'd become so irritated at the way they bastardize the English language that I'd probably have a stroke. Or want to hurt someone. I have to mute the commercials because they are so annoying.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

I've always had difficulty with "similarly" and "accompaniment." In class I fequently ask, "Do you usually..." and half the time the two [yu] sounds together trip me up. I'm an ESL teacher so it's especially embarrassing when I can't pronounce (or spell!) something.

"Pro-NOUN-ciation" and other commonly mispronounced words are mentioned in this British video, with deadly results

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3y0CD2CoCs

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't get me started

• finally awake
    finally awake

Massachusetts. It always comes out "Massa two shxxs" instead

• dgp
    dgp

Holy Spirit?

Share this

Google+