The final and most important question concerning the Watchtower Corporation ???

by Finkelstein 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The final and most important question ... Were the WTS. doctrines specifically created to attract the

attention to the organization's printed literature and to proliferate that literature to its fullest possible

capability ?

• Amelia Ashton
  • AnneB
    AnneB

No

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

yes

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would say yes in that some of these specific doctrines may have held some particular belief as they were being created but at the same time

these select developers of these doctrines must have known their potential for attracting attention toward the publishing organization's

own published works. The gospel created by the WTS. may have actually been a commercialized adulterated gospel devised intently to proliferate

the organization's literature to its fullest extenuating capability.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why AnneB ?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It would be hard to answer that definatively. What was going through CTR's mind way back then?? I doubt he just woke up one day and decided to start a religion to deceive people. I think the WTBTS just took on a life of it's own. Had CTR not passed on when he did, then who knows how different things would be. Sadly Da Judge took over and kicked people out, ignored CTR's will and here we are.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Don't know. Russell strikes me as sincere(ly misguided), but after that? I wish I knew.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A company founded on selling literature- later taken over by a guy who needed to feel like a bigshot, with two Cadillacs and a mansion in California and a home in Europe. I would say it was founded on the odd doctrine selling the literature and that method was fully exploited by Rutherford, and later refined by Knorr and Franz. It'll need to be abandoned one day soon, as print is going out of style.

• Londo111
    Londo111

They obviously attached cosmic importance to the literature. Look how they viewed the Finished Mystery, so worthy Revelation mentions it. Or in the Daniel book, the book Deliverance is viewed as a milestone marking the 1335 days. In a world where trumpet blast are conventions, then why not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit