I did it my way

by Roberta804 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

As many of you know, my mother passed away this past week. Sitting here in the quiet of my hotel room I recalled a repeated wish I had since I was 10 years old. "If only mom would die I would be free (of the JWs)". It is really starting to sink in.... I AM FREE!!!!!. No longer do I have to play nicey nicey to her JW friends. No longer will I have to put up with disrespectful people in my home. At age 53, still young, I plan on traveling with my husband of 35 years. I also have my 3 grandchildren and another one due next month. I am free to visit them as a grandmother should now giving them 100% of my love and attention. Not that I did not do that before.... but I was so limited by my mother. My last tie to the Printing Company is GONE! And to recite a popular song title: I DID IT MY WAY.

• Tater-T
  • Lore
    Lore

I'm . . . sorry?

• Lore
    Lore

No wait.

You're welcome!

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Congrats...sorry about your mom though. I can't wait till feel that same sense of freedom. How sad that we it only can come from the death of someone we love. Only in watchtower land

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yay.!

Be free. Enjoy.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm sorry about your suffering and your mother's too. Live well and piss off all JWs who you know buy sending them emails with pictures of you, your husband, children, and grandchildren having fun on your holidays. Nothing says it better than a picture of happy people enjoying life.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Glad you are able to take the positives out of everything you've experienced and can now move forward. Good luck - you have a whole world out there waiting for you.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I am so happy for you Roberta!

You deserve every happiness!

Just Lois

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So glad you feel that way Roberta.

Everyone grieves in their own way and their own time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit