I just went to the meeting tonight!

by sd-7 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

And doesn't it get annoying week after week, hearing to keep our comments to 30 seconds or less; that way 12 people can make empty comments rather than fewer people saying something more meaningful.

• out4good3
    out4good3

But it is kind of sad that Shirley had to ask who was watching the kids; it does suggest that someone thought I was irresponsible enough to just leave the kids utterly unsupervised and go home, leaving them in a room with more than 100 strangers.

Pfffft....

Forget that....I think most of the board understood the logic of your actions. I was guilty of the same activity when our kid was still young and homebound.

I bail out all the time whenever I reluctantly accompany my wife to any one of those waste fests as they are quick to pull the hair trigger and overload my BS detector with their use of faulty logic, leading questions and answers, blatant propaganda, and biblical hopscotch.

BTW......

I've been watching reruns of Alias on Netflix.

I think I have a much better understanding of you than I had before.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I've been watching reruns of Alias on Netflix.
    I think I have a much better understanding of you than I had before.

Coming from you, that means everything, bro. No matter how weird it got towards the end, I got into 'Alias' by DVD and spent many a Sunday on 'Alias' marathons. Fell head over heels for Jennifer Garner. I'm starting to think that my liking the movie 'Daredevil' is a bit biased as a result...

I bail out all the time whenever I reluctantly accompany my wife to any one of those waste fests as they are quick to pull the hair trigger and overload my BS detector with their use of faulty logic, leading questions and answers, blatant propaganda, and biblical hopscotch.

But yeah, that bizarre interpretation of Matt. 15:1-8 was really like no other unbelievably fictitious statement I can recall hearing in a long while--and I've been reading the Study Edition every month. I couldn't really put my mind on anything else since I was holding the baby for much of the time, so I was hit full-on with steaming piles of B.S.

--sd-7

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

What's wrong with my asking who was watching the kids

• sd-7
    sd-7

It would seem like a valid question, but it does assume that I just randomly got up and left the kids there. After the Mrs. did her part, she came back to the seat and took charge of the kids. I guess that was kind of implied in my original post rather than stated explicitly. So, I guess the fault is mine, in a way. I didn't really have much time to make the post at the time, so I probably omitted expounding on that important detail. My mistake.

--sd-7

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Ok, and yeah, it is a valid question

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Her talk is only 5 minutes or less, the kids will NOT be watched 24 hours/7 days a week.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think Iamallcool means that her kids can sit at their seats unsupervised for 5 minutes, depending on how old they are.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

You are right, MrFreeze, I would not think he would abandon a very young kid that needs to be supervised constantly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit