Talked to Phone Witnessing JWs

by jamiebowers 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I usually can't hear someone knocking on the door of our enclosed porch, so I haven't spoken to a jw in person in the ten years that we've been at this house. And being that the temperatures are currently very cold in Northeast Ohio, I suppose the jws are doing telephone witnessing. So, today I had the opportunity to talk to two real live jws.

The first one was a young man named Travis. He asked if I would listen to a scripture from Revelation. I politely told him no and would like my phone number taken off of their calling list. And I then added that they had my permission to add my phone number back to their calling list as soon as the Watch Tower Society changed the two witness rule in the cases of pedophilia.

Travis seemed shocked and appalled at this accusation, so I gave him a list of names and terms to Google including: Candace Conti, Gilbert Simental, Rick McClean, and watchtowerdocuments.com. He explained the df'ing process to me, and I countered with, "With or without court records, I know the Watch Tower requires a second witness to child molestation, because it happened to me."

Then a woman came on the line and asked, "Are you a jw"?, and I answered honestly that I am not but that my mom and stepfather are. She asked me to write down a name and phone number of an elder, and I declined the offer. I told her that my personal experience and almost 50 years of court records on Barbara Anderson's website was enough information for me. But I asked her to promise to put me back on their calling list as soon as the Watch Tower changed their two witness rule.

From the tone of their voices, I think Travis may be doing some Googling very soon. The woman sounded angry, so I ended the converation by saying, "I know what you are told to believe about the Watch Tower, but I learned how they handle child abuse by first hand experience, and it is no different than the Catholic Church. I certainly hope the same thing never happens to you."

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Good for you!!! I know in my congregation very few people heard about Candace Conti or know about the 2 Witness rule regarding child molesters . Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

NICE!!! Wow...those are things I've dreamt about saying to JWs, but never got the chance. Asking them to add you back on to their calling list once the WT changes it's two witness policy...CLASSIC!!! This is the best thing I've read all day!

• Iamallcool
  • okage
    okage

not advocating anyone should blow up bethel but if they did im not sure many would shed a bead of sweat let alone a tear for them.

its disgusting she asked if you were a witness. if you said yes she would have most likely reported you to a local congregation. if you said you used to be she would have called you a liar and talked down to you despite her calling you without permission and using your time.

its getting worse and the witnesses are towing that company line. and whether or not those active members of jwn believe the company line many are still towing it.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Well done, that's exactly what I would be saying, just enough to hopefully make someone think for themselves.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

jamiebowers. Stick to your proverbial guns!! Don't let any religion (or organization) tread on the rights of an individual to save the reputation of the organization's leaders!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Good for you JamieBowers! Great comeback.

Just Lois

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

You handled that with grace and class! Well done, indeed!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Wow! Excellent! I give you a 'G' on your presentation. (I hope you understand that... I don't even know if they still do that sort of thing anymore...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit