Did we ever fulfill Mathew 24:14?

by raymond frantz 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Do you think this verse will find some fullflment right before the end ? with the gathering of the 144000 ?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Can't have done so if they did not know the good news to begin with, could they?

Wait, let me get this straight. The good news isn't that God is a mass murderer and wants to irritate people saturday mornings and bore them on sundays?

-Sab

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Hasn't the Society been saying in recent years that not all nations will necessarily get a witness before the end comes? Or am I imagining that?

On a more concrete note, here is what the Reasoning book says about JWs fulfilling Matt. 24:14:

Are its members active witnesses concerning God’s Kingdom? Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” ( Matt. 24:14 ) What religion is really proclaiming God’s Kingdom as the hope of mankind instead of encouraging people to look to human rulership to solve their problems?

So there's your answer, tec, Pterist et al.: the good news is that governments cannot solve our problems, only God can! And you thought the Witnesses didn't know the good news ;)

• Pterist
    Pterist

The WTBS never preached the original Good News Galatians 1:6-9.

If anything, they preached the END of the Good News, the door is closing to be a Christian,/ "anointed", and THEY are the gathered end time harvest of only true Christians, as they announce NEW Good NEWs for jonadabs for the EARTHLY class.

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** So there's your answer, Pterist: the good news is that governments cannot solve our problems, only God can! And you thought the Witnesses didn't know the good news ;)****

Im quite aware that governments can not solve our problems. How do your respond to the apostle Paul's warning in Galatians 1:6-9 ?

No Other Gospel

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

• tec
    tec

Wait, let me get this straight. The good news isn't that God is a mass murderer and wants to irritate people saturday mornings and bore them on sundays?

Shocking, i know ;)

Peace,

tammy

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** Do you think this verse will find some fullflment right before the end ? with the gathering of the 144000 ?****

What do you understand about the 144k ? do you accept it as a literal number ?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just to be clear, Pterist, I was being sarcastic, and drawing attention to an interesting definition of "good news". I thought it was jarring that they would quote 24:14 and then ask how many religions were talking about gov'ts solving man's problems. This is the Society's method of distinguishing themselves from "Christendom", since they can't claim that they are the only religion sending missionaries to preach about the saving power of the ransom sacrifice.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I don't accept 144k is a literal number ,but a symbolic number of those going to heaven along the great crowd .The Bible say that the angels will collect the wheat from the weeds right before the end of the system of things AND Revelation says that the angels will collect the 144k in chapter 7 .If you put these two verses together I get the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that somehow the seperation will be a significant event and obvious to all who REALLY is a wheat .Will that be accompanied by a final part of the witnessing of the good news ? (Your thoughts please ...)

• Pterist
    Pterist

Apog **** Just to be clear, Pterist, I was being sarcastic***

OK, Apog, sorry I did not pick up on your rethorical question And/Or/ sarcasism, I should have read some of your previous posts, to see where your coming from ;)

Shalom friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit