what is the earliest age you heard someone get Baptised?

by enigma1863 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I was baptized at barely 13 and I knew someone who got baptized became a published at 7 and baptized at 9.

• blondie
    blondie

6 years in the publications.

6 years in Chicago about ten years ago (girl)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

8 and 9 year old brothers got baptised right in front of me.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

One of our COs bragged that he got baptized at 5. He said he knew it was the truth. His family was living in a foreign assignment at the tim. I cannot recall his name. But he was one of the real charismatic ones. Everyone loved him.

• Eustace
    Eustace

He said he knew it was the truth

5 year olds know a lot of things.

• biometrics
    biometrics

My brother was 11 or 12. Then DF'd at 16. Not sure if that breaks any records?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

5 years old too. The speaker asked the teenagers if they were holding back something from Jehovah when he described the faith of the little modern day Samuel.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Nancy J. Sage was baptized when she was 7 at the St. Louis assembly when J F Rutherford gave his children speech. She tells about it in her book, Going Undercover...

I was 9 or 10 when I was baptized and there were several kids much younger than me getting baptized at that same time.

JV

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Kids are concrete thinkers where they don’t understand “gray zones"; they understand the world around them as good or bad. That fact alone is enough for me to believe that baptizing a pre-teen is ridiculous. For reference, see http://www.pamf.org/teen/parents/health/growth-11-14.html.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

If your 10-12 yr old child tells you they want to get married, sign a major contract, get a driver's license or even drink a beer what would you tell them? Jesus was 30 when he got baptized. They should these kids get baptized out of freewill but that's a big lie. Take it from someone who never did, though my sisters both got baptized when they were like 12. Talk about pressure from the family, family "friends", and your peers within the continental.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit