what is the earliest age you heard someone get Baptised?

by enigma1863 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I was curious what is the youngest age any jw has been baptised. I thought it was hypocritical for jws to say wait for marriage because its such a big deal but "why wait to get baptised". I think my step sister was 11 years old. She did it to prove how smart (sic) she was.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

an 8 year old got baptized at one i went to and my pioneer school had a girl who was only 10 or 11 so to be at pioneer school she had to have been baptized at least 2 years...making her 8 or 9.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

i was barely 10. I know that there's been younger than that. I think in some stuff from yearbooks I've seen 8 year olds.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

My daughter's half sister's daughter (same Dad different Mum, it's complicated) got baptised at 14. I was shocked. She is now suffering from anorexia

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

A 6 year old at a district convention

Kojack

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I knew a 9 year old girl who got baptized. At 17 she got DF'd for going to prom and sleeping with her boyfriend. She got reinstated a a few years later, married and is now a mother and elder's wife.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Nine years old -- the late great Barbara Grizzutti Harrison.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

9 is the youngest I saw get baptized.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

In the summer of 1946, I was baptized at the international convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Although I was only six years of age, I was determined to fulfill my dedication to Jehovah.
    WATCHTOWER 1992 3/1 p.27

Preaching and Teaching Earth Wide

BAPTIZED AT SEVEN. Paola, who lives in western Mexico, is being raised by her grandparents.
    Jehovahs Witnesses Year Book 2011 p.58

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I never knew or saw anyone personally get dunked that young. I took the plunge at 12, first JC by 14, knew it was all made up by 16. I remember hearing the stories about six and eight as a kid, no doubt I was inspired by them.

What I just realized is how hypocritical it is for them to codemn infant baptism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit