Anyone in Dallas, TX area?

by blindnomore 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

I've been a Texan for a couple of month now. I haven't run into any Texan ex-JWs yet. Anyone close to Denton or Wichita Falls? I live in Wichita Falls and will be visiting Denton this Friday and Saturday. There are some nice Korean restraurants in Carrollton. Anyone in the area like to meet me for a Korean lunch or dinner with me on Friday or a lunch on Saturday?

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am in Carrolton, North Dallas...I will see if my wife Mai would like to go to Korean (or maybe Vietnamese) on Saturday.

Will PM you in a day or two.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Awesome, James! I would love meeting your wife. Is she a Vietnamese? I love Vietnamese dishes. Please let me know.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yes, Vietnamese - born there and escaped in 1975 from the embassy.

I will see what we are doing Saturday and let you know in a day or two...

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Woods, I knew you was in TX but did not know you were that close. I was in Korea/Vietnam town in Carrollton the other day. I remember when that corner was a Mervyn's and Mexican restaurant.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

James Woods, my JW best friend was born in Vietnam and escaped in 75 from the embassy. I think her father was working for the US Government. I would love meeting you and your wife.

Cagefighter, I think it's the same Korean/Vietnamese town where I shopped and had a dinner. I hope you can join us.

• sacolton
    sacolton

blindnormore: I know someone (ex-JW) in the Dallas, Texas area. I think she'd love a ex-JW to talk to.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I will keep this thread marked - maybe we can pick a Vietnamese restaurant for noon on Saturday sometime tomorrow?

Looks like there might be several who could make it...

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

James Woods, Sounds great! Look forward to hearing from you.

Sacolton, PM me if you would like my info to pass on to her. Maybe I can invite her for the lunch?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Saturday afternoon could work, PM me the details. I would like to meet some of yall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit