John Cedars Starting A Cult-Free Europe Radio?

by Scott77 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely open to the idea of doing a radio show, but if I did it I would want to do it properly. I'd want to buy the equipment (extra sound card, mixing desk) and have everything set up on a dedicated PC so I could do phone-ins and not worry about using my own voice. I could probably get away with using my own voice now, but it's not fair on my family (particularly my wife) that I should take the risk while I still have so much to lose by potentially being "outed." Also, I would want to be able to devote time to the project, and at the moment I'm pretty stretched as it is.

Hopefully if all goes well with my book I will (a) be able to reveal my identity, and (b) be able to focus fully on my JW-related work, which could include a weekly or fortnightly internet radio show. Sadly, that time is not right now, but it is definitely something worth aiming for.

Cedars

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Shamus100,

Do you have a good voice?

Scott77

• nugget
    nugget

I think there is room for everyone. I definitely think Mad Sweeny should be encouraged to pick up his broadcasts I miss his interview style and insightful broadcasts. I also think that there is an audience in the UK and many stories and information that needs to get out there. With the time difference between the UK and the States there is no conflict with time slots etc. I also feel that Cedars moving into radio is a logical step. I will start looking into how we can all move this on.

• cedars
    cedars

nugget

I also feel that Cedars moving into radio is a logical step. I will start looking into how we can all move this on.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! It's funny. Before Scott77 started this thread I hadn't given it a thought, but since then I've been mulling it over and reached the conclusion that I would love to do a radio show once I'm "out" with phone-ins, live interviews, music etc. Hopefully things will reach a tipping point towards the end of 2013, which gives me plenty of time to get everything set up and prepared for broadcast!

If anyone has any suggestions for the new show, I would love to hear them.

Cedars

• Scott77
    Scott77

"I think there is room for everyone. I definitely think Mad Sweeny should be encouraged to pick up his broadcasts..."
    nugget

Actually, yesterday, I emailed Mad Sweeney and asked him this question: " Hi Mad, Please, can you export your cult-Radio success story to others like Cedars? I recently started a thread on that". His response? " Sure thing. "

So here you go, Cedars. You are going to become very popular. Uk audience is way big.

Scott77

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Cultcrusher FM sounds like a good name for it.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Cultcrusher FM sounds like a good name for it.
    Phizzy

That name sounds good. Perhaps others can provide a possible suitable name. We can vote here and pick which one is best. I have two ideas.

1. Free Culd Radio Europe. Why? the targeted audience should be the whole of Europe not just the UK.

2. Free Watchtower Radio. Why? the targeted audience should be the disillusioned and oppressed JWs still within. Ex-JWs are also possible target as well.

All said, Cedars can start by compiling a lineup of prominent Ex-JWs in the UK for call in interview to share their experiences. You can also update up us through that radio about what JWSurvey reports.

Scott77

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Hehehehe....radio station.

You children have it easy these days. I did mine some 20 odd years ago, with mixer board, cassette tapes and shortwave transmitter. But that will remain an untold story for now, in the archives of Uncle Kurt.

Carry on.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Checking up with you all you guys. What is the update on Cult-Free Radio Europe?

Scott77

• cedars
    cedars

Scott - I am definitely going to do it at some point, but not until I've left the organization. If anyone else wants to get something started in the meantime, they should do it. There's no reason why there can't be more than one "station." The more the merrier!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit