i got to say "i'm not interested"

by joyfulfader 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pickler
    Pickler

Tater T , I read your comment & it's like you were reading my mind.

That poor kid being messed up on so many, different levels, it's still happening & it sucks

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

while many of you may disagree, the TMS and field service made me a really good public speaker and that has helped my career. i dont think i would have shut the door on the child. i would have listened to him read it and then tried to engage the father in a discussion about blood and his precious child's life. i would have been kind and tactful out of concern for the child. the child is not at fault for the choices of his parents and i think such a harsh reaction could backfire and the child remember being "persecuted" by an evil, wicked worldly person.

• Londo111
    Londo111

When I was still going, an elder showed up at the door one Saturday morning, and he didn’t recognize me. He began to go through his presentation for his magazine, to which I said, “I go to your congregation.”

He said, “Still…” And he continued on with his presentation.

Finally I said, “I already have that magazine. I go to your congregation.”

At last, he looked at me, and finally I saw the lightbulb of recognition. I think since he comes from abroad and I had morning hair since I hadn’t showered, and I wasn’t in a suit, he’d no idea who I was.

The day I left that congregation, I had a good laugh with him about it. He was determined to get through his presentation.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

i dont think i have ever lived in the territory of the cong i went to. even when i was in i was hbh at times when i felt i was unpresentable lol

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

at that time ... dealing with a witness brought tremendious guilt trips for me.. I didn't know what to say.. plus the kid didn't want to read it thats for sure..

what woke me up was that I could never bring my self to tell my own daughter about it.. I felt it was wrong to teach doom and gloom to minors...plus if it's not the end, why worry her pretty little head.. I'll look into it when she's older.. best choice I ever made

I was in the 3rd grade in 1974 and went in service every saturday.. it was hell....

It was a wake up call foir me that day.. I wish I had a do over, I would have told the kid what I thought, then looked at his Dad and said,

" maybe you should think twice about exposing your child out in the Door to door work"

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

oh and I have some good things from the experience(being raised JW)... but they don't out way all the bad .. and you can get good qualities from a less destructive place.. too

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

tater- i totally agree that force feeding that stuff is wrong. the guilt and fear is instilled from the beginning and is horrible. the violent images imposed on young ones in the name of the "truth" is sickening.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

and i agree...the good by far pales in comparison to the bad

• moshe
    moshe

It's very simple joyfulfader- I call this the stab to the heart gotcha--

You to JW- "Are you happy as a JW?"

JW- "oh yes"

your reply, "you need to stop lying, as you're not fooling me or God""

Smugly close door, before they can come up with an excuse-

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've gotten to say it before. They actually seemed relieved that they didn't have to go through the sales pitch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit