Are there any Gilead or MTS graduates on this site? What helped you to see the light and leave?

by matt2414 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• matt2414
    matt2414

I was a faithful Witness for years, even graduating from the Ministerial Training School. So much of what I learned at the school has already changed. If that was food at the proper time and, according to the latest teachings of the Governing Body, is now all wrong -- basically lies -- was it really spritual food from God? Wouldn't that make it spritual junk food, even garbage? Paul wrote, "Let God be true and every man a liar" at Romans 3:4, so those teachings about the time of the end, 1914, the gentile times, generations, who the "faithful and discreet slave" is, who the Governing Body is, instructions on disfellowshippings, and so many other teachings that have been changed since I attended the MTS, couldn't have come from God because he would never feed us lies. According to Paul, the leaders of the Watchtower were and are liars because they are mere men, not God, who doesn't make such mistakes.

Yes, everyone errs once in a while, but at the rate the GB comes out with"new light," well, it's basically a stready stream of lies. Opening my eyes and coming to realize this was my turning point. It's as if God whispered in my ear to wake up, and all of a sudden everything was so crystal clear. This providential enlightenment also led me to the self-realization that I am gay, something I kept hidden and under wraps with all the lies from the Watchtower, which I piled on top with other lies I told myself to convince myself that I was straight so that God wouldn't murder me at Armageddon.

Is there anyone else who was in special full-time service that had a similar wake-up call? What opened your eyes? I'd be interested in hearing your story.

• l p
    l p

well, ive left the borg bec i realised at least some of it was wrong..now i dont believe a thing they porport

I got to meet a few MTS brothers....

and i remember one...i had a gay person tell me that he was gay.....

i just now wonder if he left and got on with his life.... as i know he is still not married and this was over 10 years ago,...

good luck to you...

hope all goes well for you

lp

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

A point I keep making to the rank and file dubs...

Yes the GB are just men and yes they are imperfect and will make mistakes on an individual level just like everyone else BUT they claim God's Sprit is directing them and that spirit in NOT imperfect thus IF they are being directed then they would NEVER get anything wrong.

I was an elder until March 2012 when I resigned and in October 2012 I stopped going to meetings. I went to the MTS in the UK in 2001.

It was the stupid generation teaching that overlaps that "woke me up" and made me do more research...this lead me to jwfacts.com and I read Raf Franz' Crisis of Conscience and Don Cameron's Captives of a Concept.

Once I concluded that the GB are not being directed by God (which Don Cameron excellently proves in his book with pure logic) the whole belief system in it came crashing down and I was very surprised at how much trust I had put into the GB/FDS without ever checking things.

Checking quotations from worldy books that hey reference to in the Reasoning Book and the Trinity brochure are misapplied or just plain wrong and deceptive.

Whilst I am not DF or DA (yet) as I refuse to meet with the elders the time will come soon that I act but I have to be careful because of family ties.

I fully believe with forums like this, the wide availability of the internet and excellent books and websites that expose the GB that more and more JW's will leave...

• snare&racket
  • cedars
    cedars

Hi matt2414 - I'm an MTS grad too. For me, it was a unique series of events that led to my awakening and seeing the organization for what it truly is. I hope to explain it all in my book soon.

I will say this though - you need to have doubts in the first place, otherwise there is virtually no chance that you will wake up. I had doubts from when I was a teenager, so eventually those doubts brought me to a tipping point. MTS certainly did nothing to answer them.

Cedars

• l p
    l p

wow...i love this thread hearing about the privledged ones realising it wasnt the truth...its reassuring to me...hope more post their stories here

• cantleave
    cantleave

Check out Alltimejeff's posts.

• matt2414
    matt2414

Cedars, I sent you a PM.

• prologos
    prologos

I second cedars observation, that the doubt has to come from the self first, rather than an awakening from an out side event. never went beyond elder classes (1month) but knew in the 60s that the doctrinal house of cards had fatal flaws.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Marked.

A few years ago, I talked with a MTS grad in my congregation. He said something like, “The Society directed me to stay single.” And when he saw my reaction, he quickly said, “At least, for the time being.” I don’t remember his exact wording, but basically, the way he worded it, it was apparent the control the Society had, even in my believing mind.

He mentioned a few things that were mentioned about identifying demonic activity: if a part of the house is colder for no apparent reason. And he mentioned the succubus, demons who would sexually harass people. Then he gave an experience about a lady who was tired all the time. In the story, it turned out that the demons were disturbing her sleep and evidently “copping a feel”, forgive my language. They searched the house high and low and hidden in the attic, they found an Ouija board. Once they got rid of that, problem solved! So the story went.

I don’t know if the demon stories were just the result of a peculiar traveling overseer…obviously JWs are told not to tell demon stories and such things don’t find their way in the modern publications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit