JW booth in Flea Market @ St. Augustine Florida

by Pterist 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

My wife and I took the grand kids to a Flea Market in St. Augustine, Florida today 1/19. After sucking down some hot dogs on a bright sunny COLD day, I came across a JW booth set up with the latest mags and books, offering free Bible studies. I decided not to confront them, and spoil such a nice day, however, I will be forearmed with printed material if we go back again.

Shalom

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They'll probably just throw out whatever you give them. Those people in that booth don't really care about Bible studies. They are just looking for an easy way to get time.

• trujw
    trujw

Ask them to show you 1914 from the bible

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I don't know anything about the flea market, but I know the lighthouse in St. Augustine is haunted as hell. Anyone who doesn't believe in God or the paranormal should drop by and ask about it. I used to live in Florida years ago and the lighthouse is well known. You can be in there alone (or so you think) and then you'll see a moving shadow. Looks just like a person, 3D and everything, but it's blacker than the shadows. You can also hear voices...very distinct voices too. Sometimes you can hear individual words though the gist is difficult to piece. Sometimes it's a man's voice, other times it's a woman's voice. Looking up, you can sometimes see a head sticking down and looking at you, but when you get to the top, there's no one there and nowhere to go!

There's also lots of cold spots. Go by the visitor's center and ask. The guides won't go in after dark. Don't let it being haunted stop you from going. As was noted by Shirley Jackson in The Haunting of Hill House, not every day is Halloween.

As for the JW booth at the market, is it a flea market or a flee market? Ha...couldn't resist.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Flea Market Booth, another way to get five hours in field service without saying a word. Your not going to find a JW working those boothes who are trained with the Bible, don't waste your time.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

JW's will be using this method of witnessing alo more frequently

I have a good mind to rent the stall next to them and fill it with anti cult books

• rebel8
    rebel8

Educate the people who run the flea market on the crazy, sick nature of the cult. Do they really want child molestation endorsers there, for example? You can prove the donations go to legal expenses to do court battles against victims.

If they decline a booth to the dubs, this means in one fell swoop you will have eliminated recruitment in that venue and made it harder for the dubs to get their time in (further reducing their popularity/social approval-->connectedness to the cult).

A much more effective strategy than the "one person at a time" approach, as described at the above link.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Right where they belong - in the midst of a bunch of junk and scams.

• irondork
    irondork

Cobalt: Right where they belong - in the midst of a bunch of junk and scams.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    raymond frantz - "JW's will be using this method of witnessing alo more frequently"

Seriously?

That's just... weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit