1961 Kingdom Service Questions-Not to be studied at any meeting, nor placed in general circulation among the publishers!

by Atlantis 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks Atlantis, that is priceless. It is filled with an amazing level of senseless rules, and the blunt manner it which it is written makes it a goldmine for quotes.

Interesting that it stated tabacco smoking does not stop a person getting baptised or giving some talks, but they could not be an MS or elder, or give instruction talks. Talk about nit picking.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

all that bad advice to rape victems based on a set of scriptures that were replaced by Jesus two commands of love

feel the love in the Jehovah's Witnesses....

oz

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

The victim is supposed to have respect and understanding for the rapist??????? Sick twisted bastards.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Pams Grill -

The victim is supposed to have respect and understanding for the rapist??????? Sick twisted bastards.

Agreed! It hasn't changed since the 'handbook' either.

The men at the top are perverts. High on power and their own egos. I believe that 1 or more of the GB ARE paedophiles.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

After a masked man broke into my house through my bedroom window in broad daylight and violently attacked me (not raped) the first question I was asked at the KH was "Did I scream"? I was unaware of this "doctrine" at the time and was completely gobsmacked at being asked this prior to be asked whetherI was ok!!!!!!!!!!!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Splash - Thanks for all the research! Instead of the Watchtower Society it should be the Waffle Society.

Jeez - Pick a lane!

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

All I can say is WOW.

Atlantis, I cannot thank you enough for posting that.

The argument I use most with my family (without attacking doctrinal issues) is that I felt part of the Pharasees and that the organization, whatever the original intent may have been, has morphed into this out of control judicial system, with bible principles (funny how the organization uses that phrase, but doesn't allow people act on principle) and logical Christian reasoning being replaced by law makers and law enforcers.

Shepherd the flock? Nah.....rule with the laws of the WT society keeping everyone in fear. One slip, and you are most likely gone.

I think the society's position on rape should shock and appall any logical person. When I was an elder and had to research some of that stuff, I was disgusted. It was another piece of the puzzle that helped me leave.

I have been building a library of how this judicial "law code" evolved in the organization. This is an invaluable tool for my research. Many thanks!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Amelia.... no!

• Splash
    Splash

@Cobaltcupcake

I can't take credit for all of that, but I don't know who to give credit to.

Probably 90% is due to JWFacts.

Splash

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Atlantis, thanks for this upload!!!!

Gorby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit